Print 

Author Topic: firing back  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
firing back
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
this just happened to me a while ago, we were in Timbo racing and I found myself in a lone hog, had just made the jump to get out of base area, and landed right in between that one tree and the rock, and an enemy lone hog had done the same thing moments before lol..

so as he's getting out and drives around the back of me to continue a loaded hog lands the jump nearby and shoots me, idk if it was lag or the tree or even the lone enemy hog that sort of blocked the rocket, but i lived with 3 bars left, and the loaded hog flipped or something idk. so as they're getting back together I nade them to throw them off so i can at least get the next nav before the load up again.

so as I understand it, THE GUNNER has the right to shoot at me as many times as he wants since I naded first, correct?
but what about the driver? in this case he got out, because he was already in the hog before I naded, i know i didn't flip cause they drove to the little hill almost close to nav that's when the gunner shot me.

so the driver had to have gotten out and shoots me, I just wanna know if that is okay to do, or if he was in the wrong. because
having a gunner and/or a passenger pretty much leaves the driver useless unless to driver to the next nav, i mean that's what the gunner is for, to shoot at people not the driver, and especially not if you're inside a hog and you get out to shoot a someone..

oh and I just threw that one nade and left it like that, which is why i think he had no point to doing that, i didn't shoot or anything, i just naded once and walked back to my hog. but like I said I know the gunner had the right and he was the one that killed me, but i don't think driver should've gotten out.

gunner killed me and all, but what if it was reversed, what if the gunner shot his last rocket and while he reloaded i had time to continue racing and out of nowhere this driver gets out and does the gunners job, which he shouldn't do.. then that hurts my team and it shouldn't have happened in my opinion.

as a driver with a gunner meaning a loaded hog, your only option should be flight and continue racing that's why you have the gunner to take the fight option. me as a lone hog i have either or, making it even.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: firing back
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

A loaded hog with either a gunner, passenger, or both, must be defended by that gunner and/or passenger. The driver can't get out to get ammo and can't get out to defend. If the hog flips, they should all get back in a quickly as possible and continue racing.

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
Re: firing back
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:51:19 PM »
thank you, Jane, yeah cause I know there are some "special occasions" but this one wasn't one of them x.x
anyways thank you for answering.

Print