Print 

Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 1863 times)

Offline -db-swa.

• Newbie Poster
Couple of questions
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »
Dear BFM Officers,

Reading Nebula’s (a.k.a. Sp@rt101) post about him doing a bit of research using the name NEW001 got me thinking about using that name.

I can remember seeing BFM’s and bfm’s asking people that use the name new001 to please leave and change their name, in the past. I am not sure whether it specifically was pointed out in the rules section or not, therefore I am a bit confused.

Was it a rule ever (or pointed out in the rules section)?
And if it was, did the rules change about this matter?
Do the members of BFM have different opinions about this one?
Can every BFM admin handle this differently?
Am I completely bonkers? :P

I remember myself saying to a new001, that his or her name probably isn’t allowed and so making a fool out of myself, cause other more trusted visitors of your servers said it wasn’t in the BFM rules (which is true).

Then another question about rule 8.3
I sometimes spin to see how far an enemy is behind me and therefore know if I got to drive evasive or not, even when I got a gunner. I also spin to avoid enemy attacks.
Is this allowed?

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:30:04 AM »

I've been here almost five years and we've never had a rule like that, where New001 had to change their name. I know another clan does, or used to, so maybe you're thinking of them.

New001 does have a reputation for not following rules, whether it be because they're so new to the game they haven't even change the default name yet (and so can't possibly know the rules), or because they're trying to cause trouble anonymously. Sometimes, it's someone who just wants to be anonymous, as in Spart's case. Not all New001s are bad, but they've got a bad reputation.

I wouldn't think any admin here would ask a New001 to change their name, but I'm sure they all have their opinions of New001. Poor New001!

For the second question, I suppose it's allowed to spin once to see what's going on behind you, but if your gunner kills someone while you're doing it, it's going to look a lot like you slowed down so your gunner can get the kill. If you explain why you did it, I imagine you'll still get a request not to do it.

It's one of those things that will always look fishy if someone ends up getting killed, so just be aware of it is all I can tell you.

Offline -db-swa.

• Newbie Poster
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:37:28 AM »
Ok. Thank you Jane for the quick response.

Am I completely bonkers? :P

Guess i got the answer on that as well   ;D  :winkgrin:

Print