Print 

Author Topic: Wireless help!  (Read 1198 times)

Offline a triscuit

• Regular Poster
Wireless help!
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »
I recently switched to a wireless network and a new computer. I try to go into multiplayer. It says I need "Administrative privledges" and I cannot get in. I am very tech illiterate and need my halo. If am so unlucky that I cannot gain this elusive power....I am affraid my halo career has come to an abrupt end...please help this cracker.

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
Re: Wireless help!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 11:04:48 PM »
Did you set up the  PC?  If not it maby who ever did has set up a limited access account without admin rights if this is the case you will have problems running it.  If however you set up the PC or are the only user account on the PC then you will have admin power tho you might need to right click the halo icon and click run as admin and then when you get the UAC pop up saying do you want to allow halo to make changes to your hard drive click yes.  It should now run also i found after the first run as admin and it all updated to v1.09 i found that i no longer needed to run it as admin but this seems to change from person to person so if you  find that you always need to load as admin then you can go into the shortcuts properts and set it to always run as admin. Doing this removes the need to right  click and intstead you just  double click as normal

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »

Triz!:

I think this is a summary of what's said above ^^^, but for clarity's sake:

0) Start -> Computer, and select your Windows partition/disk (usu "C:")

1) Navigate into the "Program Files" folder (which may have "(x86)" or some such after it, depending in OS.)

2) Double-click the "Microsoft Games" folder, then the "Halo" folder. (We ARE talking about "normal" Halo, right?  And NOT Halo CE?)

3) RIGHT-CLICK the file "halo.exe" (which may display as just "halo" with a Master Chief icon....) and select "Properties" at the bottom of the popup.

4) Select the "Compatibility" tab, then check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" from the drop-down list.

5) Check the "Run this program an an administrator" box in the "Privilege Level" section at the bottom of the popup.

6) Select the "OK" button at the bottom.

Try it now! (But BEWARE!: Brace yourself for the very likely possibility that your Halo gaming experience may be a bit tarnished by the use of a wireless connection! [ See thread here ]

Also, be sure to do this with your connection before you do too much racing!

See you on the tracks!

P.S. Just FTR: I'll add that none of this has ANYTHING to do with it being "wireless" BTW....

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:05:24 AM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline a triscuit

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »
Got it! Thanks! And btw....my gaming experience is not all that great anyways since i get pwned all the time!

Print