Print 

Author Topic: Z Updates Go!  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
Z Updates Go!
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:45:15 PM »
Been offline for a while, but have been busy.

Bout a month before leaving Albuquerque my brakes failed, caliper seals failed and they locked onto the rotor. This was the result.

Seize pad compared to non seized pad, both of those were a month old. The result of this was getting new calipers, rotors and pads for my Z before leaving.

Then as I was cutting through Bullock Tx... this happened.

There are TWO gas station on the main strip of town, me and my mate decided to skip the first station and get gas on the edge of town... well that station for what ever reason had its lights on, but nobody home. As I was pulling in I misjudged an incline because it had a 3" dip/hole in front of the 8" incline... Tire dipped down, bumper impacted the incline, split in three difference places and my car left the ground momentarily from the recoil.

Ended up 'stitching' it back together when we stopped at Mae's father's house in Corpus.

SO MANY ZIP TIES

Fast forward to last month, had put another 3000 miles on the Z driving it back and forth to my new job on a daily basis... and then the 'noise' started.. a metallic rattling sound I thought to be coming from my timing shrouds. I thought worst case scenario and something in the shrouds let go, and I was gonna be out 600+ dollars... tore everything apart and found this.

A loose bolt tapping my lightweight pulley. Fixed and back on the road.

Around the same time I started to experience massive shaking from my steering wheel under braking... my brakes were 'run out' again despite having freshly turned rotors and new pads. Result of this? UPGRADE!

350z Brembo track rotors and caliper relocator brackets. Also pictures are new bushings for my coilover system.

Old rotors compared to new ones.

Before and after install of new rotors. The car stops on a DIME now, and I can't imagine how 14+  inch BBK brakes are...

Then today I was preparing for a car meet /tomorrow/ and did the following.

Before:

After:

Painted white/silver satin black, also painted sideskirts that were lacking any clear coat or protection, polished exhaust system.

Finished off painting the foglight housings

They were white before and it looked extremely tacky.

I now have a higher paying job and less expenses moving back to AL so I have many more things plan to the Z, next up is new bushings all around and upgraded swaybars.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Z Updates Go!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »

Love the car updates, but it always seems like two steps forward and one step back with it...

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
Re: Z Updates Go!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
Always, always, ALWAYS^

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Print