Print 

Author Topic: Vent  (Read 1334 times)

Offline §åñdmåñ

• Regular Poster
Vent
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Hey all,

I'm having trouble with vent. All of the sound is scratchy/distorted and Im hearing everything in doubles. (not like an echo).
I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it. I have also gone into the vent start up and tried to use the repair option. Non of that has resolved my problem. This is only happening with vent and no other program. Any help would of course be appreciated. Would love to start getting on vent again and chatting with you all.

Sandy

Thanks to BFM_trekstr (Track King) for the sig!^^

Former Member of  -AD- ~RW~ CC= :clint:
Any other "Sandman" is an imposter!
BFM  tags: 4/04/2011
Corporal 05/31/2012

Offline BFM_Rickp9

• BFM Admin
  • I Am Canadian EH!
Re: Vent
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »
Did you try Vent settings?

Offline §åñdmåñ

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Ahh, yes I did, I forgot to mention that. All of my settings are where they should be.

Corporal 05/31/2012

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »

I've come to realize that due to recent changes in Vent, they are no longer possible to debug, even when dealing with the problem situation on a badly-functioning vent connection.... (I.e. The person with the problem and I alone in a channel, debugging such problems via chat or "distorted-but-useable" Vent, even after many HOURS trying....)

Changes in Vent, Windows (moving beyond XP), and Realtek's Audio "helper" getting in the way, make it all but impossible to work out.

The best that I can offer is to point to my original thread about these problems, and encourage people to TRY THE CHANGES and TESTS there to find/narrow down the problem.  (E.g. if you have NOT successfully recorded your voice and played it back via MS Sound Recorder, you shouldn't even be posting about "Vent" sound problems here yet....  ::) )

Go through the original Ventrilo Problems thread looking for my posts that start with YELLOW TEXT until you find one that fits your problem/need and give that a try FIRST.  If No-Joy and you've got the patience, keep scanning the thread for more posts starting with YELLOW TEXT until you give up, or reach the end of the thread.

GL!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline §åñdmåñ

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
  I thank you for your input as always Mxy. But I found out the problem. I had "DirectSound" enabled which was at least causing other members on vent to sound distorted and scratchy. My text to chat is still the same but I can hear everyone fine now, So I won't bother with it. All in all I can go back to using vent just fine.

Corporal 05/31/2012

Print