Print 

Author Topic: Race question.  (Read 1952 times)

Offline [CC]Dart feld♥

• Newbie Poster
  • Oh dear. It's an igloo.
Race question.
« on: May 28, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »
Well this is for one specific map: Gephyrophobia (however you spell it, you get it though :))

So when you first start you go around the top part and then you gotta go to the bottom part and go down the ramps to get there .

My question is: Instead of going down the ramps can I stop my hog by the edge (where the rockets spawn) to the bottom and nade/rocket it to the bottom then jump down get in and drive?

I was doing this for a-bit but was then told I should check with ya'll so hear I am :)
Fun is fun and dangerous is dangerous. So dangerous fun must be dangerously fun!

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Race question.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
While there is nothing in the rules that says you can't, I can't think of any reason why you would want to do such a thing.  I guarantee you that driving down the ramps is a better route to take in every possible way.  It would be faster, safer and all together better for your team for you to drive down.  With that being said...to try what you are suggesting boarders on 'not racing' in the same way that climbing the ropes on Gephy would.  There are no written rules that say you can't climb the ropes either but you would have to stop racing to do it.  I would look at your scenario the same way and suggest that you not try it.  It only takes a little practice to become competent enough at driving the ramps to make that a far better choice.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

You can also go down through the base and tunnel if you are worried about getting hung up on the ramps.

Offline [CC]Dart feld♥

• Newbie Poster
  • Oh dear. It's an igloo.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »
Oh I can go down the ramps good now :). Was just wondering cause I was doing it before, and I didn't want to do something (again) that's against the rules on BFM servers.

Thank you for answering Kiwi and Booyah.
Fun is fun and dangerous is dangerous. So dangerous fun must be dangerously fun!

Print