Print 

Author Topic: Infinity and Rocket hogs....  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Elmo (One and Only)

• Junior Poster
Infinity and Rocket hogs....
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
I was on Infinity, and stopped away from base to upgrade my little ole chain hog to a shinny, if slightly dented rocket hog.  After entering my new, if somewhat messy ride... I got naded by someone alos trying to upgrade their hog.  After getting naded out of my hog (but not fired on) I said "hog there" (maybe I said other or others as well, but "hog there" was in it).

I was then informed that they basically saw it first.

I asked, basically, if you could call dibs.

I was then told by admin that you could fight for rocket hogs on Infinity.

I asked which rule that was... but then decide to come find it myself, which I can't.  I didn't read all the rules again... so maybe I missed it.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: Infinity and Rocket hogs....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:47:32 AM »
In our scrim rules, you can't nade a lone hog if there are others available.  We've recently changed the scrim rules to make an exception on Infinity, that you can fight over a rocket hog even if there are chains available.  I think it applies only to the start of the map.  It hasn't been updated on the web page, but it's a scrim rule anyway, so doesn't apply to public servers.   

In public servers, we would prefer if guests didn't nade lone hogs when there are empty ones available, but it's not an enforced rule - we let it go as long as they take the hog they kill for.  And as long as they aren't camping, or walking right past other hogs, or making a habit to kill at the expense of racing.  But it is acceptable for them to nade a lone hog if they intend to take it, especially if it's a rocket. Not just infinity, but any map.

If they are already in a chain hog, driving, they shouldn't stop and get out to attack you on foot.  But if you both were jumping out of chains to try to grab the same rocket then I'd say it's ok.  Depending on the timing of your particular situation, it may be this other guest went too far, or it may have been legitimate, I'm not sure.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:43:47 AM by BFM_Kiwi »

Offline Elmo (One and Only)

• Junior Poster
Re: Infinity and Rocket hogs....
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »

If they are already in a chain hog, driving, they shouldn't stop and get out to attack you on foot.  But if you both were jumping out of chains to try to grab the same rocket then I'd say it's ok.  Depending on the timing of your particular situation, it may be this other guest went too far, or it may have been legitimate, I'm not sure.

If that is the rule, then they didn't go too far.  They naded the hog, knocked me out, and took the hog.  They didn't even bother finishing me off.

Print