Print 

Author Topic: Between the ramps in Danger Canyon  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Lord Newbie

• Newbie Poster
  • All Newbies are NOT created equal
Between the ramps in Danger Canyon
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:35:13 PM »
Let me start by saying if I missed this in a rule update I missed, or a discussion I missed, I am sorry, but I have heard mention that you should NOT fire when between the ramps, yet have not seen a official stance on it.

Scenarios where you could legitimitly be between the ramps do exist... (such as collions between crossing hogs, long foot runs when there are no hogs at one base, etc)  But I understand that a hog going over the jump has no way of defending it'self against someone in the center, but is it wrong to fire while between the ramps down below?  (and in this I am definitly excluding the situations of camping!!!)  I mean like if you driver get you stuck on the pipes, but is still moving to get off, or you just jumped over on foot to get a center waypoint; while continuing to your nav; there is a brief point where you could have an opportunity to nade, etc a passing hog that goes over...

But to summerize: 

Which option is correct:

a.  Don't fire while between the ramps.
b.  Don't fire while between the ramps below the level of the top of the ramp (ie its ok to fire while going over in a hog)
c.  option b; except allowed to fire from center when fired upon first.
d.  As long as you are not breaking any other rule, such as camping or not moving to your next waypoint; fire away.

Thanks in advance for this clarification,

Lord Newbie

BTW:  My common sense tells me that the correct answer is probably either b. or c.

UPDATE:  I found the answer to part of my question:  the part about a player on foot is covered by rule #6.5:  You may not fire or nade up from between the ramps in Danger Canyon while on foot..

But that leaves part of it:  If you are in the back of a hog that is stuck between the ramps, and ACTIVELY trying to get out, can you fire the gun/nade from the passenger?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 03:35:16 PM by Lord Newbie »

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Between the ramps in Danger Canyon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
Good research on your part.  As for the last question, I think you would be fine firing in defense of your hog.  As you stated, if your hog is legitimately trying to race then any shot fired from the hog is legal.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: Between the ramps in Danger Canyon
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »
As you see while on foot in the middle you cant fire or nade. You were right about why. The other hog has no chance of defending itself. 

If your hog gets stuck can you fire? Well that would depend on where and the situation. If your hog was exposed where you could be shot then sure you could fire. If you feel like the other hog has no defense then you shouldnt. Also if your a passenger you shouldnt nade between the ramps up at a hog or player.

Print