Print 

Author Topic: Self defense question.  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Un¡t»Zero

• Newbie Poster
Self defense question.
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
Today I was playing on danger canyon and encountered a situation I would like clarification on. I was walking to my nav at the elbow of the canyon because there were no hogs available. I had picked up a rocket launcher to defend myself and/or use to acquire a vehicle. So I had gotten my nav and was walking up the hill to the base when along comes a chain hog containing a guest and BFM_Ryder93. I shoot the hog and kill the guest, ejecting Ryder. As Ryder is walking back to the vicinity of his hog I kill him also. He said this was unnecessary and against the rules. If I'd known it was a BFM I might have assumed he would not engage and left him alone but I thought it was a guest who was liable to attack me, as often happens. I also needed to get a hog. Simultaneous to all of this an allied lone chain hog drives through the area but does not appear to be stopping for me. Was this against the rules since there might have been a hog available for me other than his? I am not accusing Ryder of incompetence but I would like a second opinion on this situation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:12:04 PM by Un¡t»Zero »

Offline Un¡t»Zero

• Newbie Poster
Re: Self defense question.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
Also, once this discussion is over would it be possible for someone to delete this stupid forum account? I accidentally logged into it instead of my main account.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Self defense question.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
Based on the way you described it so far, I don't see where you did anything wrong.  We would need to hear Ryder's side of the story to understand what exactly it was he saw of course.  A PM to him would not be out of the question here because he cannot post in this section.  It does seem interesting, if I read you right it seems like Ryder was being consistent in that he was not attacking you and then when he got attacked he warned you.  So it would seem to me that he had some reason to believe you attacked out of self defense and not as a hogjack but that is just speculation for now until we get Ryder's description.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print