Print 

Author Topic: Request for name change  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Lickity

• Newbie Poster
Request for name change
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
Greetings,
I have been playing on BFM servers literally for years  using this name. I was banned once before for using any version of the name, but was allowed continue using this portion of it on your servers.
Today (8/3/12), around 4:15 p.m., I was asked to leave the server and change my name.
I can only as some that it was an admin, who is not familiar with me or the fact that I use this name on your servers all the time. I am sure they are just trying to do their job.
I am hopeful that a BFM officer would be willing to either let the new guy's know that my name is okay, or let me know that, for sure, my name is no longer welcome on a BFM server. Personally I prefer to keep the old name, mostly so that you guys know who it is when I come into to your servers. That, and the fact that the awesome name strikes fear into the hearts of all of my enemies (lol).
I think I will get your response if you PM me here. Thanks, this

Lickity

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:33:40 PM by Lickity »

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
Re: Request for name change
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
Hi mate,

I was one of the officers that banned you a long time ago when you had a two part name. We did agree at the time that your forum name could be used.

Was this the exact same name you were racing with and Was it as your forum name? Do you remember what server you were in?

The fact you left the server and followed the instructions of the admin is good and I thank you for this.

Slimmy

Offline Lickity

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
Hi Slimmy,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I was using my forum name, Lickity. I pretty much only go by Lickity or sometimes H® Lickity. I try to not wear tags in other peoples servers, out of respect for the fact that it is not my server, and I am not an admin there.
 I believe the server that I was on was BFM #1.

Again, thanks for your attention.

Lickity

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
Ok thanks for the info. We try and give admins some freedom when asking for name changes in case there is something very offensive to them in particular, being that we are a clan made up of all parts of the world.

In this case I don’t know of any reason why after we settled this that the name would be requested to be changed. If you get any more attention on the name kindly refer the admin to this post or myself for clarification. If they persist please send me a PM with the admins name so I can look at the issue from both sides.

Cheers

Slimmy

Print