Print 

Author Topic: infinity question.  (Read 1698 times)

Offline antykin

• Newbie Poster
infinity question.
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »
okay so just yesterday when the game started in infinity, my driver started driving and skipped first nav and directly went to the second one. I was like "hey i still need first nav!," and he responded with "no you dont, it just causes chaos."

so then i thought about it and realized  it was kind of a strategic move, i have never seen anyone do it before. it would push your lap nav from the base to the 2nd nav and delay the course of getting a lap.

so im wondering if this is legal? are we allowed to do this or we HAVE TO use the closest nav in every map? by doing this we arent really going out of our way for getting the lap but instead push the LAP NAV a bit behind to ensure a safe start, but at the expense of not taking the fastest route possible.

Thanks.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: infinity question.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »

If maps with one nav at a time, obviously you have to go to that nav since it's the only one visible. In Infinity with any order navs, you can go to the first one or the second one in either direction.

It's definitely legal. It's usually a good strategy because everyone going for that first nav all at once is a good way to die, and with everyone spawning at the same base, it can become quite a mess. You probably know that ;)

Offline antykin

• Newbie Poster
Re: infinity question.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 05:07:48 PM »
thanks jane :)

Print