Print 

Author Topic: Just wondering?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline TÐR'~Tëx¿

• Newbie Poster
    • www.trudatclan.com
Just wondering?
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:19:09 AM »
I normally do not venture into other clan servers, no offense just me, well anyway after a bit of racing at home I along with another clanmate decided to go into one of your servers. He has played here before and so he knew the ropes per say. I am not new to racing and know the rules here so I will quit rambling and get to my question.  We were in the server for around 5 maps and there were 2 recruits and one full admin in the server, during this whole time only once did I see an admin spam any rule or rules, and that was the full tag(SuperHawk I believe). My question is this...Do you not spam rules when new guests arrive? And are your recruits not taught this? So those are my questions and thanks for the races.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Just wondering?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »
No actually we don't spam them as a matter of course everytime someone enters the server.  It is just a judgement call but we found over the years that, with the level of activity in our servers, if/when we would spam the rules when guests would enter it became just too much too often.  People would start to tune them out because they saw them too often and it disrupts the ability of the admins to contribute to their team.  So yea, we went the other way with our policy but we are aware of the pro's and con's of that...so we are more than happy to spam them if it appears it is needed.  I would like to think that a relatively experienced admin would be able to "sense" when it was needed and go ahead and spam them on their own but feel free to throw out a request now and then if you think it is appropriate.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline TÐR'~Tëx¿

• Newbie Poster
    • www.trudatclan.com
Re: Just wondering?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply, and yes you are correct about many points. People do ignore constant spamming of rules and yes it is a "feeling" most experienced admins have about letting folks know the rules. We do have our own ways and like yours they are successful and yes we don't spam the rules every map, with the exception of our "no slayer at start of map", and we do teach our recruits to become accustomed to spamming rules when new guests come in until they get the "feel" of things. You folks have been successful for many years so I applaud you for that and although I have only been doing this for a few years I think we are also doing a good job. After all how many "old" Halo Race clans are there still active, so thanks again and cya on the trackz

Print