Print 

Author Topic: Melee at game start  (Read 1716 times)

Offline cornstalker

• Newbie Poster
Melee at game start
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:06:07 AM »
I have been meleed at game start by players and big BFM members. 

So who will admit to it.

legal...? because rule 7.1   "you believe you are in imminent dangER."

game start, running to my hog, player in the way or on top of you--melee legal?

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: Melee at game start
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »
Hi Cornstalker.

Thanks for coming and asking about this.  I will mention though that there is no need for anyone to 'admit to it'.  Only officers can post in this section anyway.

BFM's and bfm's should not be doing this if there are hogs available, period.  Unless there is not enough hogs to go around and then they are entitled to fight for one, melee included.

We would prefer that guests not do it either, if there are enough hogs to go around.  We tend to be a bit more lenient with guests as it can be difficult to convey the finer points of some rules, but as always the game is race and getting to a hog should be first priority.  If everyone does that, then 'imminent danger' doesn't come into it, but that doesn't always happen.  It is probable if there were hogs available then an admin may advise that killing is unnecessary.  If someone were to continuously do it then they are crossing the line into playing slayer and that is against the rules.

I'm aware of the situation that led you here and in that case I understand why you did what you did, but perhaps a note for future would be if there are enough hogs and its a BFM - or a guest - you're with who isn't facing you or being agressive in any way then your best move is to head for a hog.  I can see where guests might fight and of course you are entitled to defend yourself.  Being 'in front of you' or 'in your way' doesn't come into it.  You can go around them.

7.1 comes into play primarily if your gunner dies and you're in the gun seat of a hog, that sort of thing.  Or if you are heading to a hog but another hog appears about to run you over.

Should a BFM / bfm melee or kill you when there are hogs available and no firefight in progress I'd appreciate knowing who they are by PM.

Bottom line... I'd say if theres a hog for you then it's not the 'right' thing to do... you should head for a hog.  Again, in most cases we would not warn for this but if the admin adivsed you that it wasn't necessary then they are correct to do so.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:39:57 AM by BFM_Wic »

Offline cornstalker

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:06:09 AM »
Thank You Wic.  I guess my melee was wrong.  I am sorry.

I generally try to do all my killing from a hog.  I will continue.

Lets Race!

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Corn, you are a GREAT guest and one of our favs!  You are also very competitive and play that way, which is why I totally understood what you thought and where you were coming from  :)

Always pleased to be in a server with you and will race again very soon.  Thank you for understanding!

Print