Print 

Author Topic: "Designated Guest" Idea  (Read 1976 times)

Offline spedracrdk1

• Newbie Poster
    • Marias Fresh Foods Inc.
"Designated Guest" Idea
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
OK, this may be a totally undoable idea, but between friends, I have learned that there are no "bad idea"... some though are better tha others. 
There is a small handfull of guests that have been playing on the BFM servers for years, I happend to have a screenshot with BFM Enoch dating to 2007.  Played lots with BFM Exodus in 2007 and 08.  Have seen new players develop and mature into outstanding Admins such as "DarkRyder93".
Some of (for reasons beyond the need to describe) just couldn't/shouldn't make the commitment to apply for an Admin job.  But we are sincere in our commitment to clean racing only found on BFM servers.
What if...just what if, according to BFM Officers' direction, a small group of "Designated Guests" were allowed limited, admin capability.  No designation necessary (well perhaps it would be appropriate), just the ability to keep the server "clean" when no admins are present.
Please consider this concept.  The best racing occurs when there are 11 admins and 1 guest.  The worst racing occurs when there are 12 guests and no admin :) 

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: "Designated Guest" Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
Hi there;

This suggestion has come up before.  We really appreciate the desire of our long-time guests to help us with the servers, but unfortunately our adminning permissions and abilities can't be limited below what we allow our regular admins, and we could not allow guests to have the same permissions they do.

Our admins go through an extensive and long training process to enable them to understand how to apply the rules in the servers and to exercise judgement in those 'calls' that aren't black and white.  Adminning will always have an individual aspect to it, to a degree, and we could not in all good conscience entrust that on any level to guests that we have not trained.  It also just wouldn't be fair to those that have put in the time and effort to become BFM Admins. 

Vent access is also needed for our admins to communicate with each other and in order for them to train for the job... as you know, we don't have guests on our vent who aren't training to be admins (except for a very very few exceptions).  Before we even start to train our recruits we need to spend time with them on vent 'in person' to get to know them and decide if it is even a good match for both that we continue on to training.  That just would not be possible in this case, unfortunately.

It is an unavoidable fact that there is a high possibility of problems when there is no admin present.  We do our best to be there, and as I said, thank you for wishing to help.  All we can suggest is come to forums to try to find an admin if needed, or ask by pm for some admins who race a lot during your time to allow you to be on their xfire etc. so you have someone to try and reach.

Offline spedracrdk1

• Newbie Poster
    • Marias Fresh Foods Inc.
Re: "Designated Guest" Idea
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »
Thanks for the response WIC.  As they say, if you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer :)  I completely understand  the need to maintain the integrity organizational structure/ guidlines/training etc. and clearly the structure has worked well!
Keep the faith, and I look forward to seeing you in the servers soon. 

Print