Print 

Author Topic: Not allowed to reverse direction on Infinity  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
Not allowed to reverse direction on Infinity
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:42:22 PM »
So here is the scenario, Im in a solo hog moving to my final nav on infinity. A loaded rocket hog passed me going the other way and missed, I saw a lone enemy walker, I hit the nav, completing my circuit, I decided to turn the hog and go the other way, mainly because I didnt like the thought of facing that hog again. As I hit the nav, I had to  swing the hog around as a friendly was on approach to the nav, so as to avoid a collision (thats by the by, would have taken exactly the same approach and exit if I was turning anyway). I run over the enemy on completion of the turn (not on the spin) and was driving straight after I hit the nav and didnt spin or swerve to actively hunt him down, he was there and got hit.

The guy I ran over was a big tag admin.

I duly get  a warning for chase killing, and that turning to get a kill is not allowed, regardless if its final nav, on a multi nav map.

So, my question is, am I , or am I not, allowed to change direction on that map, if it means that it by doing so, may result in someone being run over, and if I did change direction, I must not run anyone over in the vicinity who is in direct line of my hog as it would be chase killing?

Your thoughts please.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Not allowed to reverse direction on Infinity
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »

Of course you can change direction on Infinity, and if you hit someone in the process, good for you. If you look at it from the admin's point of view, he saw you turn and hit an enemy, as if you had been trying to hit the enemy and not change directions. Just let him know you were changing directions and not chasing enemies.

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
Re: Not allowed to reverse direction on Infinity
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
Thanks for the promp reply there Jane. And yes I did explain I was changing direction on the final nav, and pointed out that it was a multinav map, and that was my final nav, but he was certain and unmovable in his position--hence coming here.

Regards

Print