Print 

Author Topic: slaying/ "hog stealing"?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
slaying/ "hog stealing"?
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
first off, I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to put anyone down or put a dent in anyone's reputation, simply because of the fact that I wouldn't want anyone to put a dent in mine. I have made mistakes and I accept them and fix them and move on.

ok now to the real topic, i didn't know what to call this subject so as you can see and judge by yourself what happened.
the map was icefields, we all know where navs are and how to get to them by various ways, so I was racing by myself as I usually am (let it be noted not by choice, usually gunner/passenger gets killed and I survive somehow) and i get lapnav, second, and third. now since I'm alone, i know for sure going down on the ice to get to red base nav is certain death, so i take the bridge, as I'm coming off the bridge part into the cave down the ramp to red base I see a red coming up the ramp on foot, it's TDR Zet, and he's walking so i swerve to the right my right, to avoid him but he still manages to stick me and i jump out of hog to avoid getting hit by his nade. of course he starts shooting at me, i have no problem with that, i shoot back but there is lag and we try to meelee each other but fail and a rocket hog passes by and kills me, so now Zet has a chance to grab the hog that he first naded me FOR and then fought over but of course he doesn't... that red rocket hog was going in the opposite direction that Zet was going, so obviously Zet wasn't trying to get my hog and he was just nading me on purpose. but i let it go that time.

second time, i kid you not, the same thing happens, the same thing the same way, i swerve to get out of his way and he sticks me and we end up doing the same thing. (now let it be noted that I never intended to get out of my hog for the sole purpose to shoot or kill Zet, i got out of my hog for the mere reason to avoid getting damaged by his nade) i can understand why Zet would think that the reason i got out of the hog was to kill him, but i never shot at him first neither of the 2 times, he proceeded again to shoot at me and of course i shot back but the hog passed by again and killed me and AGAINNN!!! Zet didn't take my hog that he fought over for or naded me in the first place for..... so at this point i'm irritated because HE'S NOT RACING AND HE'S NOT LETTING ME RACE.

but again, i let it be since i was in a neutral? mood, not good not bad, just w/e mood. what really ticked me off is that him and another player from red started getting after me, because i got out of my hog to avoid a nade? APPARENTLY  to them, nading me is okay, but me getting out of hog to avoid the nade is A SIN.. again, I never once shot anyone as soon as i got out of my hog, both of those times, Zet shot me first so i shot back in self defense, and obviously a hog was present so we had to fight for it, in which case like i mentioned in both times, i died and Zet never took the hog.. hence the slaying, and even though he never killed me once, his actions speak otherwise.

so i explain to them that i never got out of my hog to kill but to avoid the nade, and they just kept repeating that according to Fenix that wasn't allowed. and Zet kept saying i tried to kill him on purpose. to which I replied something along the lines of "you nade me twice and i get out of hog to avoid your nade and you shoot at me for some reason and you don't expect me to retaliate??" to which idr if he said anything back or not, i think that was it.

my question and please excuuse the long message i had to explain to you guys, is was I wrong or not?
obviously I know what I did and I know what i HAD to do to keep on racing and to avoid getting killed, I honestly think I was wronged by Zet and the other red player, because the other red had no idea what happened noone was there he might have been in the hog that killed me twice, but that hog passed by way after Zet had already naded me and I had gotten out of hog, so it was just assumption from him, Zet though, he had knowledge of what had happened so he has no excuse.

so was I doing the right thing? because i don't think anyone in their right minds would've stayed in that hog to get naded and eventually killed either by zet or having their hog flipped by his nade and someone passing by and killing you.

he kept repeating for me to race but i had no idea why he never had a hog in the first place, I mean it's a long way from base to bridge by foot and obviously a hog had to pass by to get him, and even if the hog never showed up, i get him walking up the ramp and nading me on self defense (i guess) but after i was dead both times, he kept going to w/e he was going and the hog was idk maybe 5-8 feet away, i mean come on, i've gotten hog steals all the way across some maps and still get the hog, that's what i'm fighting here, because over and over again in the past i got lectured about how if i killed someone for a hog, i had to go get it and even if i didn't kill FOR  a hog i still had to go get it.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Re: slaying/ "hog stealing"?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »
Hi Escorpion :)

Sounds like you jumped out AFTER he had already stuck you so you were 100% ok with doing that.  You can defend yourself absolutely.

Based on your description the issue here is on Zet.  He MUST take a hog that he kills for.  Thats it thats all.  If he didn't and he stayed on foot then he was wrong to do so.  He didn't have to take your hog if he wound up catching a ride with the other hog that came through and killed you, but if he didn't then he cannot stay on foot he must take the hog he killed for.

There had to have been some time between these instances (for you to get into another hog etc.) so maybe he did take that hog and then die.  All I'm saying is that if he didn't, then he was wrong.

Personally, on a map as tight as Ice Fields is coming down those tunnels its hard to avoid a walker and their nades.  I'd likely run over him more than try to swerve around him.  You can do that (providing its not in an area where you're going way off your navpath to do so).

From your description there you were completely in the right and it sounds more like its Zet that needs to get in a hog when he can.  I'd need to hear his side too, but based on what you've posted thats my 'verdict'.

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:05:49 AM »
yeah, thanks for responding, Wic, I usually don't like to run over people if i can help it lol, nowadays from what i've seen people are so quick to judge and say it was a chase.. and i'd rather avoid all that, but you're right, i'll try to be a more competitive player lol

sorry for any inconvenience this might've caused

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
No worries, thanks for coming and asking  :)

Print