Print 

Author Topic: Halo installation (new laptop)  (Read 1615 times)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Halo installation (new laptop)
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
Hey guys!

So I've just got a new laptop (still with Windows 7) and I'm trying to install Halo. It goes ok until the 50/51% when installing. I've tried a few times now and it won't pass that number. I'm wondering if I can download Halo from somewhere else and use my serial key.
Thanks in advance.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: Halo installation (new laptop)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »
You can use any CD (or ISO) that you can get your hands on, and just enter your CD Key, yes.

If the problem is a scratched disk, you could try copying the files from the CD onto your harddisk.  Much easier to detect any file errors.  If you can get them all copied across, then run the setup.exe from the hard disk.

Not sure where you can get a halo ISO image from though.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo installation (new laptop)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:58:05 PM »
You can use any CD (or ISO) that you can get your hands on, and just enter your CD Key, yes.

If the problem is a scratched disk, you could try copying the files from the CD onto your harddisk.  Much easier to detect any file errors.  If you can get them all copied across, then run the setup.exe from the hard disk.

Not sure where you can get a halo ISO image from though.

Thanks! I'll try getting the halo ISO image which to me seems pretty easy to find :P

EDIT: Ok, it was a lot easier than I thought. Halo is now installed and working :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:32:21 PM by BFM_Mil »

Print