Print 

Author Topic: Pat4ever  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
Pat4ever
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »
I have NEVER met such a caustic person in halo---EVER. Almost every word that he utters is dripping in contempt for his fellow racers. Case in point--The team were unbalanced a short time ago. Anoobis very generously swapped teams after srr and Pat4ever called for teams. Next thing Pat4ever is asking for someone with with ability, and NOT Anoobis! Even though I pointed out that Anoobis is one of the best shots your probably to meet, he turned around and starts arguing that hes not! When I pointed out he should be thanking Anoobis for swapping teams, he instantly throws it back, saying 'well srr didnt say thank you, why should I?'           GAAAAHHHHHH  :bang:::)

Thats on top of him incessantly falsely calling out others of camping, breaking rules etc, even though hes far from the cleanest racer iv seen, with his subtle 'tactics', when he thinks he can get away with. :P

Regards

UPDATE
After re-reding this I realized it could interpreted that I was slightly finger pointing at Srr---Im not. In fact Im pretty sure he was too busy concentrating on the game at that point :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:39:40 AM by Oblique »

Offline Sam I Am

• Newbie Poster
Re: Pat4ever
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »
Just to add to what Oblique was saying. I did swap teams to even them out after it was asked. When I did Pat4Ever made a rude comment to me saying "could we get someone with talent".

I do not appreciate being talked to like that especially when I put forth the effort to do what he asked.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
Thank you both for the posts, we'll keep an eye out on this and sorry you had to hear something like that. For what it's worth, I'd rather play on your team than against you Anoobis.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline Pat4ever

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »
I appreciate the fact that both of you completely overlooked the part where I said right after "I'm kidding". It was a joke. Sure, consider it mean I suppose (it wasn't meant to be in any way and I find it a bit immature for you both to be taking it seriously. Somehow I doubt this is nothing more than an attempt to get me punished, but whatever. I apologize), but if we're going to be real here it's not like Anoobis and Oblique don't treat me in the same fashion almost always, except for in front of the admins of course.

I didn't care for your condescending attitude either, Oblique,  (which you downplay as you retell the story) hence why I wasn't exactly peachy when you start saying that he's one of the best gunners I've ever seen. You say I " turned around and started arguing that hes not". In truth, all I said was "Wrong", one word, because it was. I've seen plenty of amazing gunners, BFM members and pubbies, over the years. You assumed that he was in that list of players; he's not. That's my opinion, sorry. Not that I'm saying that I am part of that list, far from it actually.  But trying to force that comment on me was rather cocky and it wasn't certainly necessary either. Did I ever ask for his credentials in gunning (never the less racing, which is really what's important to be honest)? No.  I'm not on the server to play elementary school award ceremony, so the fact that you even brought that up was wrong to do. I was actually just on the verge of thanking him for switching teams when you both decided to be rather nasty for what was intended to be a lighthearted joke , so I decided against it.  But here I say it: Thanks for switching teams.  I really mean it.

I'm an honest man and I don't like to beat around the bush, hence why I can often be looked unfavorably upon.  If I see something wrong, I'm going to say something about it. That's my nature.  There's no malicious intent behind my words. Doesn't mean that what happened was how I saw it (I'm only human after all) but the only reason I ever do so is so that it won't happen again and I can continue to race without getting interrupted.  If nothing is said, how will a person ever learn from their mistakes? It also doesn't mean that I can never break the rules either (again, human). Sometimes my competitive instincts kick in, sometimes I just plain forget. It can happen to anyone, BFM included.  But to say that "Almost every word that I utter is dripping in contempt" for the racers in the server is not only a lie, but an insult I take personally.  95%, if not higher, of the comments I say on the server are in favor of someone, such as but not limited to, " Nice gunning/driving" "Great shot" "Good game" and so on.  The " incessantly falsely calling out" is as neutral as I can make, although my patience admittedly runs dry from time to time. However, it's only the people that lie to my face and twist a story around, or try to place me beneath them (which both of you do), where I can stray onto my negative side.  These people include a few BFM members who chose to lie and subsequently punish me rather then admit that they were wrong (I'm not naming names, you know who you are).  Ergo, I'm not always a popular guy around these parts. But I don't chastise the innocent, nor do I insult the guilty. And I refuse to allow someone to say that I do.

Thank you for the kind words, Convict. We don't always meet eye to eye but I'm always glad to race with you.  :)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
Anoobis   done
Pat4ever   Could we get something with potential please
Anoobis   really.
Anoobis   you have an issue?
Pat4ever   I was kidding
Øßliqúê   your joking rite--anoobis is one of the best shots here
Pat4ever   Wrong
Øßliqúê   you asked for teams, you should be thanking him
Pat4ever   So should srr, I didn't see him say anything

I'm sure you were joking, I accept that, but I think anyone observing this would just see it as rude. 

Offline Pat4ever

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »
Except no one observing had a problem with it, or at the very least said anything. Only the two involved. Which, as I said before, I have a history with.  And again, I apologize for it.  It's not something I do often despite what some people might say.

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »
I think a pun got lost in translation is all. I would like to add that " 'A noob  is' all we can get? xD" might have been a bit better. Let's just remember that  if you're going to make a joke, it needs to b ridiculously obvious and most of all lighthearted because let's face it, people interpret things differently if there's any room left for interpretatíon. Everyone good now? Let's get back on the tracks!
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013