Print 

Author Topic: Ieatu asking for Halo CD Keys from other players for his sis  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Unclown

• Newbie Poster
Ieatu asking for Halo CD Keys from other players for his sis
« on: December 21, 2012, 01:57:36 AM »
Ieatu asking other players on servers for halo cd keys. reckons that two halo instances can use same key, but not on same server (unsure if true or not).

He said hes only 12 so cant afford to buy another copy (I prompted him to buy one from online auction site)

Server 1?/2?

Offline Cuda

• Posts Too Much
Re: Ieatu asking for Halo CD Keys from other players for his sis
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:43:54 AM »
Thanks for the info Unclown. We have had a few instances of people asking for others CD keys over xfire lately.

NEVER give out your CD hash to anyone, even people you know. This is your personal ID number for Halo and once someone else uses it and gets banned, you both will be banned from our servers. Anyone who wants your CD number is only up to no good and will soon be getting into trouble with it.

We really need to ask ourselves why anyone would ask for numbers when they are already in one of our servers...     :headbonk:

Offline Unclown

• Newbie Poster
Re: Ieatu asking for Halo CD Keys from other players for his sis
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 04:17:43 PM »
NEVER give out your CD hash to anyone, even people you know. This is your personal ID number for Halo and once someone else uses it and gets banned, you both will be banned from our servers. Anyone who wants your CD number is only up to no good and will soon be getting into trouble with it.

Thanks.

Main reason I reported it was once I had given a very firm no (multiple explanations of why not were given to Ieatu), he started asking other players.

Cheers.

Print