Print 

Author Topic: Wic is on her way  (Read 8090 times)

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
Wic is on her way
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:59:27 AM »
Its always hard to read these kinds of threads and even harder to write them.  For a few, this will come as no surprise.

I have had a great time here.  Sure there have been ups and downs but I'd have to say hands-down that its been an incredible experience.  Even an old gal like me learned things about myself and others that will stay with me forever.  I have laughed SO hard here and had such wonderful times that I will never forget and I'm sure I'll continue to talk about for a long long time.

Now though, it is time for me to leave BFM.  It's not that I don't still love this place or have a passion for what we do here and helping make it happen.  I do.  And it's not that I've lost interest or I'm bored with Halo... I'm not.  I know I haven't been in the servers much for quite awhile now, and though I've managed to stay active and up to date with whats going on, sadly it is time to go.  Not an easy decision, or a light one, and one I've wrestled with for awhile now.

I just can't list the people that I grew to know, like and respect here... it would go on and on and on... you know who you are anyway.  And there are lots of past members no longer here that I miss and still think of often.  To all of you who contribute your time and effort, big or small.. pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it so much!

Thanks to Elvis and all of the Generals for starting BFM, and for investing in it with both time (SO much time!) and funds to keep it going and for the trust you all placed in me for the rank and opportunity I've been given here.   It has meant a great, great deal.  Slim... a special thanks to you  :hug:

I've locked this thread, it was very very hard to make.  I would not have made this announcement - just left quietly - but that would not be fair nor respectful.  I would ask that those that have the ability to, please don't unlock it.

I decided to unlock it.  That didn't seem fair either lol.  Thank you Slim, for the kind post :) 

Hugs to all,
Wic
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:12:26 AM by Wic »

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
Re: Wic is on her way
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »
Wic I know this thread is locked but I have to say thank you. The kind of jobs you do around here are not always seen. So many behind the scene daily grind jobs that you do without question. You also added so much to the leadership team buddy and you will be missed - Slimmy

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »
Wic :( No  words  :embarrassing:

Good luck, take care, and thanks for everything you've done! Before my time you'd done tons for years and years, and stepping up last scrim season to fill the numbers was a perfect example of how much you care for BFM.

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »

Well, since it's unlocked... ;)

Big thanks for everything you've done here. You always did everything well and completely - beginning, middle, and end - and it's nice being able to depend on someone like that. Take care and best wishes in life!  :)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »

Wic, so sorry to see you go.  You've worked tirelessly and passionately for BFM for so long, it will not be the same without you.  Enjoy your retirement!

Best wishes and keep in touch.

Kiwi

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »
agree with all the above, thanks for all your help and what you have done for BFM your work load behind the scenes, as Slim said, has been enormous. Everyone that enjoys our servers owes you a great deal more than they may realize.

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
Take Care Wic :)  :hug:

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »
You've given a lot to this clan and I hope that you've got a lot of fun out of it in return in the time you've been here. Was great to scrim with you in the last season. I hope it won't be the last time we race together. Take care.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline BFM_Rickp9

• BFM Admin
  • I Am Canadian EH!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
sorry to see you go and hope we will see you on the tracks once in a while, you were here always for us and we will not forget all what you have done.
Thanks wic for a job well done.
Rickp9

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
Wiiiiic! Aw, it's so sad to see you go.  :embarrassing: You were one of the members of this clan I had the utmost respect for. I absolutely loved being on your scrim teams and racing with you, and it is truly sad to see you leave. I wish you the best. Rock on!

Offline Punishr

• Newbie Poster
  • Turtles FTW
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »
Its sad to see you go Wic : :embarrassed:

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »
I really didn't get to know you, not even race a lot together. Also, I can't even fathom how much you had to do every single day to help the clan. However, I can notice you are great at dealing with issues. You will be missed.
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline Tag858

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
Sorry to see you go Wic. Thanks for all the help when I came back. Maybe you will be like me and we will see you back in 5 years lol.

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
What can I say Wic, thanks for all the good times and trusting on me. I learned alot from you, hope to see you on the tracks. :D

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 11:30:44 PM »
Something that I've realized in my absences are that this community, even if you try your best to ignore it, will always pull you back in. What bothers me about some of the people that know me believe that I'm addicted to halo, but that's not entirely true. I do love the game and story, but ultimately what made Halo "Halo" to me was this community. Wic, you played a great role in helping me to understand what this community is and always will be. Thank you for that. We'll see you back in <1 year. = ) Til then.... we'll just have to deal with you as a member on the forums.
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013