Print 

Author Topic: A Fond Farewell from Slayton  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
A Fond Farewell from Slayton
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Exits.

Some people like to be vague for their reasons, others like to be flashy and go out with a bang, me, I'm just going to say "bye".

Bye!

Okay, Okay, here we go:

Part of me is singing "Not Ready To Go", by The Trews, and the other part is singing, "Your Time Has Come", by Audioslave. It makes it loud in my head, and hard to write this.:P

It has been fun here, during my time with BFM, but it is time that I pulled the plug. As most of you, that know me, know, I have been rather inactive as of late, and I do not feel right holding a rank and not living up to it's expectations. I was made a Captain to run Scrim teams, and when the draw is not their for me to even participate in the season anymore, then there isn't much point in me holding that rank, so I surrender it to someone else.

With that, I am, as of now, resigning from BFM. It has been fun, as I said, and I wouldn't trade any of my time here for anything else. I have the utmost respect for Elvis and the leadership of this organization. The fundamentals that BFM were founded on are what brought me here, and what has kept me here this long. BFM is truly something special in the world of online gaming. I applaud ELvis for his stalwart attitude, and sticking to his guns when it comes to what BFM stands for. I also applaud all of the admins and people that keep this place ticking on a daily basis. The ones racing and admining in the servers daily and nightly keep BFM and its reputation going. Good on you all and keep it up.

There are those that I will miss, and to them I say thank you for making my time here enjoyable and fun. Talks going into the wee hours of the morning about music, or sports (a topic in which my rank is Noob :P) or anything else.

Good luck, to all of BFM, in the future. I will echo many others before me and say: There is a good thing going here, keep it up.

~Slayton V. Price

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
Re: A Fond Farewell from Slayton
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
I suppose this was coming. See you around, Slayton. Didn't see you as often as I'd have liked. Have fun!
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline BFM_Rickp9

• BFM Admin
  • I Am Canadian EH!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »
Thanks for all the good work.
We are sure going to miss ya, and hope to see you on the tracks once in a while.

Have a good one there EH!

Rickp9

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
Sorry to see you go Buddy. Thanks for all your help in recruitment and training over the years. Hope to still race with you in the servers, you will have to remember my UC name and be my gunner ;D

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »
Take care and will miss you around here. Appreciate all the good times and our 2 scrim seasons could not have been better.

Offline Punishr

• Newbie Poster
  • Turtles FTW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »
Its been great racing with ya

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »
Slayton, thanks for stepping in and looking after recruiting, training, running teams, whatever needed doing. Much appreciated.

Take care bud :)

Kiwi

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »

Bye!

You gave us your time and and did a lot to help keep things going smoothly. Thanks for everything and best of luck in life  :)

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »
Bye!
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline Tag858

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »
Sorry to see you go Slayton. Thank you for all help you gave me with the scrims. I enjoyed the short time I got to know you.

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »
Take care Slayton, it was great to know you. Good Luck! :)

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 11:24:16 PM »
We'll see ya later. ;)
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »
I hope you take care of yourself. Keep on rocking on and let me know when there's a new band I can't miss    :)

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 07:17:02 PM »
Slayton, thanks for all of the good times and for all of your efforts leading scrim teams. I am with the many who are sorry to see you go.

Offline Cuda

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
Hey Slayton, sad to hear you are leaving, this place wont be the same without you. Thanks for everything you helped out with around here. Take care....

Print