Print 

Author Topic: New keyboard suggestions please  (Read 1610 times)

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
New keyboard suggestions please
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:38:46 AM »
Hey Everyone,

So I'm going to get a new keyboard to replace my current Logitech G110 which is a bit on the broken side.

Mechanical keyboard is the go obviously. Use mainly for typing with some gaming use. Preferably a more 'quiet' keyboard. Additional 'macro' keys not required.

Just wanted to know what everyone has used/is using and their thoughts. Also if any keyboards wear out quickly or have stupid faults or peeves to their design.

Price is not a big deal as long as it is justified. Keys should be back-lit for use at night.

Recommend and discuss away please :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:42:28 AM by BFM_Exodus »

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_Invert

• Major
  • The best laps are finished upside-down! ( Tx fuse)
Re: New keyboard suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:06:04 PM »
I purchased a Razer Lycosa keyboard a year and a half ago.  I don't use all the fancy Macros that can be assigned.  I just thought the back lighting looked cool.  The only issue I've had was wear on the most used keys  W A S D and my shift key.  The material actually wore off so it was just a big blue blob instead of a letter.  But I contacted Razer and they gladly shipped me out replacement keys at no cost to me.

I noticed now they dropped my keyboard from their product line but the one below is close.  Mine was about $85 US at the time, I see this model is a tad bit more expensive at $140.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-stealth-2013/

Time is free, but it's priceless.  You can't ownit, but you can use it.  You can't keep it, but you can spend it.  Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Offline McSkittles

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »
The Razer line is an excellent option. Either the BW that Invert suggested or the DeathStalker would work just fine for what you need. My Razer mouse is still holding up with no problems after 3-4 years of very constant use, and my headset(Carcharias) held up physically but the wiring started to go from being dropped/run over by my computer chair so many times :LOL:

^^ Done by me(freshly updated :))

^^ Done by SPiDEY

^^ Big thanks to bl!Tz'

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:30:41 AM »
Im currently using a MadCatz/Cyborg Gaming V.7.

They use metal for the W A S D keys for wearing, and the wrist rest is actually really more comfortable than I thought it would be.

The macro keys on the left hand side are not that functional, rather far away from my main gaming keys. The macros on the right hand side are actualy kinda useful because it's right next to my mouse and I can quickly slap a few of those that I have macro'd.

Back lighting comes in multiple colors. Red, green, blue, yellow and orange.

So far, I've been enjoying it. It's a pretty solid keyboard.

$66USD on Amazon at the moment.
http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-V-7-Keyboard-PC/dp/B000VOE466/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1377872712&sr=8-5&keywords=gaming+keyboard

Print