Print 

Author Topic: Hard Drive Fail Linear Read Test  (Read 10782 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Hard Drive Fail Linear Read Test
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »
So i recently noticed my comp freezing or locking up for a few moments or so and its been annoying. I went to the dell site to get My Dell. Which checks some/most of my hardware. So i did a Hard Drive scan. and it got to the Linear Read Test where it failed. Named WHD38-2EE. Idk what it means but to me its not good :P Anyways is this a sign that my Hard Drive is failing?

Did another scan Now im getting a Smart Self Short test Failed WHD16-9UM
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:21:16 AM by Zeek »
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Hard Drive Fail Linear Read Test
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:16:29 AM »

First of all think about what you're doing here: You're stress-testing a drive that might be failing. (Seems like trying to run a marathon to see if you're heart's okay, doesn't it???)

So be VERY frugal with any/all accesses to the drive!

The answer to your question, though, is "yes, it IS likely that something is going wrong with your hard drive." Hence I suggest that you stop using it for any further diagnoses and do the following.

Use this link to Dell's PSA Diagnostic and go to STEP 2 since you already have an error code.

If "no joy" from the code info you have, then try running through their entire diagnoses instructions step-by-step as listed one time.

If you still get the message I think it's time to have Dell or you favorite Computer Service take a look at it.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print