Print 

Author Topic: On board HDMI  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
On board HDMI
« on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »
Is a on board HDMI any good. Where the hdmi is on the mobo. I would like to try and hook it up to my tv but not sure how good it will be.
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Bloo

• Newbie Poster
  • IM BACK!!! :D
Re: On board HDMI
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
Should be good :D

Offline McSkittles

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
Depending on the board, it could be great or it could be extremely glitchy. My laptop's built in HDMI, for example, will run fine plugged into my TV and watching movies, but glitches off and on when I try and play games.

^^ Done by me(freshly updated :))

^^ Done by SPiDEY

^^ Big thanks to bl!Tz'

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »

Find out what VERSION your comuter's HDMI port is.

HDMI is the current, highest standard for A/V connectivity, allowing for the highest rates and most transfer formats (e.g. "compression types.")

In order to deter cheap knock-offs, the industry created an authority to assure that HDMI cables adhered to the stringent specifications, called the "Authorized Testing Center" (ATC). (This was done mostly to assure that the cables enforced anti-copying standards*, so don't let the ATC make you think it's just a QA label - which it also is - and is usually its main benefit....)

DVI cables used to be the highest transmission standard, but now any ("high-end") HDMI cable will match, or more often exceed, the transmission capability and quality of any other cable.

There are also different "versions" that each cable holds to, and the higher the version number, the more capable the cable (...and it's built-in chip....) V2 is the current, highest standard, allowing for/requiring higher bandwidth, etc. than previous versions.

As a result, I recommend folks use a "high-quality" (usu ATC-certified) HDMI cables for AV connections (when they choose to use HDMI cabling.)  (Hint: All mine are v2, ATC certified....  ::) )

BEWARE! There are a LOT of "cheap" HDMI cables out there that are sub-standard and WILL give sub-standard results, so if you really care, shell out for the higher quality ones and steer clear of the "knock-offs."

* HDMI also has the ability to protect data from piracy. It uses high-bandwidth digital copy protection (HDCP) to accomplish this. HDCP is an authentication protocol. Basically, each home-theater device has identification data and encryption data stored on its extended display identification data (EDID) chip. The source device, such as a Blu-ray player, checks the authentication key of the receiving device, such as an HDTV. If both keys check out, the sending device moves on to the next step. It generates a new key and shares it with the receiving device. In other words, it creates a shared secret. Ideally, this whole process, known as a handshake, takes place almost instantaneously.
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:18:51 AM »
ok thanks mxy. im think im gonna try my hdmi cable from our blue ray player. Again thanks. i wasn't sure wether onboard graphics are any good or not. i do have a video card of course but doesnt have hdmi capability. and from what i understood was that onboard graphics wernt the best.
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
ok thanks mxy. im think im gonna try my hdmi cable from our blue ray player. Again thanks. i wasn't sure wether onboard graphics are any good or not. i do have a video card of course but doesnt have hdmi capability. and from what i understood was that onboard graphics wernt the best.

Depending on the mobo, you MIGHT get graphics-card output channeled via HDMI through your onboard HDMI connector.... ('Depends on the boards - mobo & graphics - support for it.)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT is gfx card and motherboard is a dell product that runs intel chipset.

Mobo
Manufacture: Dell Inc
Model:0k83v0
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
The best way to find out would be to try it :)

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Print