Print 

Author Topic: Need Admin Privileges?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Moxie

• Newbie Poster
Need Admin Privileges?
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:58 PM »
Hi!

Man, I haven't been around here for over a year.  Lot's has happened in my life - but that's for another time and place.

The reason I'm here is I just reinstalled Windows 7 on my Mac via Bootcamp.  This has worked great for me in the past but my hard drive died earlier this year and so, after a replacement, I had to reinstall everything.  Note, I was using XP via Bootcamp prior to the crash.

I have successfully got all of my system updates current.  I installed Halo CE and tried to access the internet multiplayer menu from within the game.  It told me I need administrative privileges and returned me to the multiplayer menu.

The only active account on the VM is an admin account.

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Moxie
Peace,
Moxie (AKA Soap)

Offline Moxie

• Newbie Poster
Re: Need Admin Privileges?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
Okay, more info:

Here's the full message I get: "Attention. You must have Administrator privileges to download this required patch."

:interesting:

I tried connecting directly to server 1 but after multiple (auto) attempts it took me back to the multiplayer menu.  I then tried servers 2 and 3 and got the following message for both: "Attention.  Connection rejected: Your client is older than the server."

Well, I'm at a loss.  Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!
Peace,
Moxie (AKA Soap)

Offline Moxie

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »
Admin/Moderators - You can delete this topic if you like.

I found if I right click on the Halo icon I can "run as administrator."  Once I did that, I was able to download the needed patch and, subsequently, access the servers!

Awesome!
Peace,
Moxie (AKA Soap)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »

Glad I could help! And nice to see you around again :)

Offline Moxie

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »
Thanks Jane!  Just played for over an hour.  Just like old times!  I'm glad this clan is still going!
Peace,
Moxie (AKA Soap)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »
bit of a late reply. with windows 7 you almost always need to run programs as admin. i leaned that when i went from XP to 7. Had a hard time getting vent, AHK, and the game to work together. found out you had to run all them as admin.
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Print