Print 

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops framerate stutters.  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
Call of Duty: Black Ops framerate stutters.
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
Hello, everyone, this is Lº§tMyMiNÐ.

And I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops (the first one) on Steam, and I'm busy having some minor-to-major issues with the framerate. Now, before I go any further, my system can more than handle the game, at full settings, and far more than exceeds the game's minimum (and, I'm sure, maximum) requirements in order to run it. Now, most of the time, at near-max settings (with everything except anti-aliasing turned up to max), the game easily gets up to 90 FPS, and even 120 FPS, since I have the "sync every frame" option disabled. However, at times, the game stutters severely, and the framerate ends up dropping to anywhere from 50 to even 35 FPS, making the game almost unplayable, at least for me. In my task manager, I've set both the campaign and multiplayer portions of the game to high priority, and set Steam to low priority, and it seems to help, at least somewhat, make the stutters not so severe anymore. I even edited the game's config to accept multicore processors (my system has one, an AMD Phenom II X4), and even that only helped somewhat. In short, no matter what I try, the problem is still persisting, which is why I'm hoping that somebody here can help me eliminate or at least greatly minimize this issue so it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the game anymore.

Can anybody help me out?

Modestly,

Lº§tMyMiNÐ

P.S. My memory back then might be a little fuzzy (no pun intended), but if I recall correctly, I think someone else also had this issue a while back, but I think they managed to get that issue fixed...

It speaks for itself...

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops framerate stutters.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »

Bring up Task Manager via the Ctrl-Alt-Delete method and select the "CPU" column header so the running processes show, then go back to the game.  As soon as the delay starts, bring up the Task Manager ASAP and see what else was running.

..Just a thought that perhaps some other background process hog may be waking up from time-to-time....
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print