Print 

Author Topic: Computer build question  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Computer build question
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »
So im currently looking into build a computer and and came up with some components

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W 6-Core Desktop Processor Since this is cheap and seems decent for moderate gaming. i will probably use and aftermarket heat sink and fan.

ASUS GTX650TI-OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready   Its way better then my Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT.

as for case its between

NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1 Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
or
RAIDMAX Agusta ATX-605BT Black/Titanium Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I have a 600W PSU which i can use. One 1TB Seagate HDD which i can reuse. Two 4Gb PNY Ram DDR3-- plan on upgrading again.

Im open to suggestions. i not sure would go with the processor, so open to suggestions there but no micro/small ATX boards. i prefer mid/standard ATX boards cause i feel they are better when it comes to spacing everything out.

This is more of a future build im putting together, im guessing around a $600 budget. i also already got a nice keyboard and mouse.

Edit: Didnt notice a difference between ATX and Full/large AXT boards. I do not like Micro boards as stated. hate the compactness of them.. Rather have a mid/standard board
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:06:01 AM by Zeek »
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
Re: Computer build question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »
Going by the other components you dont need any of these over priced gamer boards probibly something simple to the point functional boards and at a resonablr price.  So it realy depends what you want right now and what you plan to do in the future for example  if you only ever plan to have one grapfics card you dont need a mobo with 4 PCI E slots simularly if you only plan to have 2 to 4 Ram slots you dont need a board with 6 or 8 slots. In my case I went with Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 it was realy cheap has good performance  and has a good overrclock ability and i run my board with the FX-6100 chip and it was all i needed. So you you could go with a  gigabyte  durable range board  but you would never see any performance advantage where as if you go for a much cheaper Asus board you will not only save money but it will perform on pretty much  the same level

Print