Print 

Author Topic: a continuation to the question asked in "sudden question"  (Read 1345 times)

Offline ßú®ñ0ú+

• Newbie Poster
a continuation to the question asked in "sudden question"
« on: November 11, 2007, 07:38:06 AM »
now, i'm still a little shaky on what happens here.

if you're a gunner, and your driver dies, are you allowed to kill any imminent threat before getting out of the gunner seat? or do you have to get right out and drive?

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: a continuation to the question asked in "sudden question"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:26:52 AM »
You do get a little leeway when you are still under direct attack.  The guidelines we use are these: in a rocket hog you can finish off your clip of rockets...if you are still under direct attack.  In a chain hog you can continue firing for about 3 seconds...if you are still under direct attack.  The reason I emphasise "if you are still under direct attack" so much is because we will not tollerate people using this as an excuse to camp.  You are not entitled to finish off your rockets once your driver dies.  If you have even the slightest moment to get out and start driving you must take it.  We will try to be as uderstanding as we can about people who are honestly just trying to defend themselvs as long as we can see that they are trying to get back to racing as quickly as they can.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline ßú®ñ0ú+

• Newbie Poster
Re: a continuation to the question asked in "sudden question"
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:48:57 AM »
iight thanks. that rule always confused me. that answer cleared things up for me.

Print