Print 

Author Topic: Zeek's Random Product Design  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Zeek's Random Product Design
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:05:58 PM »
Subject may seem misleading.. Its more of CAD designs i do on the spot.

Taken from my facebook post: So finally got around to get a student version of Autodesk Inventor Professional. And started to do some free design for headphone stands. Stands that you would put your over the top headphones on. Ex: Skullcandy Skull crushes, or a turtle beach headset. Two different types and still a work in progress with designs.. they are on the spot designing's, both took less then 40 mins to come up with. 4 photos, 2 with different rendering styles. First one Is a wooded finish render with 2 lighting styles. Second set. Is a metal based. with 2 different light styles... A friend of mine suggestions something like a pointed style. cant remember the reason, but it sounded different then a cradle style and is different. The First one (Wood finish cradle) the open space in between is meant so the ear cushion wouldn't be pressed and leave it in their natural state. The second one is a bit trickier, not sure how to explain it haha,

So what do you guys think? opinions are more then welcome :D

ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
Re: Zeek's Random Product Design
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 03:36:23 AM »
I like the first one, I've been thinking recently that I need, well one of what you've designed there.

Though if the dip wasn't so sharp that might be better, maybe make it a bit shallower?

I like the hollow bit, I'd definitely put things in it :D

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 06:26:21 AM »
Thanks crimson :D And with the second one, i toyed a bit with it. i wasn't sure if a sharper point would be better or not. At first i had them, not come to a point, but instead a more flat rounded surface. Meaning there was more of a rounded point and wasn't sharp.
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
As for the second one, I just imagine someone in a movie getting in a fight around their desk and falling on them. >.> I think the cradle is the way to go. xD
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »
as you put it that way superman, i never would of thought of it xD. yeah, not the best in design lol
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 12:59:04 AM »
Um, ... yeah, ... I wear "behind-the-head" headphones, so I'm out.

Although the first one might work, maybe?

(FYI: I wear that particular style because the "over-the-head" ones create a huge indentation across my fluffy, grey 'fro....  ::) )
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 02:04:38 PM »
Hey mxy, give me a link to your headset, and i may be able to come up with something for it.
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 12:41:24 AM »
My current/old headset is a Logitech USB Headset H360 / H330.

Note, however, that I'll be getting a this headset in a gift-wrapped box tomorrow, too!  d_b
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »
I was thinking about a design similar in essence to this, whereby you would "hook" them onto the top the same way one would hook them on their ear:
                                                                                                _____
 an I based system that has a long enough base                     __|__         or even just an angled T with a weighted stem to allow the wire that lays on the user's neck to kinda rotate and hang directly under the earphones. The side view would be similar to this:

\

Not sure how to hollow out the top of the stem/trunk of it and leave the bottom of it solid whilst attaching the horizontal, cylindrical post for the headphones to hang off of (unless you started out with a hollow rectangle, twisted it, then partially filled it). I was thinking that a nice look for the stem of it would be to make it a twisted rectangular (Think Cayan Tower in Dubai but at an angle) that kinda flattens/thins out as it reaches the cylindrical post.

Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline BFM_Invert

• Major
  • The best laps are finished upside-down! ( Tx fuse)
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:31 PM »
You've got a great idea going there and it could be used in many situations.  However, I went to the hardware store and bought a 25 cent L bracket, screwed it to the end of my desk and, wa la a place to hang my headset.  When I moved the desk next to the wall I moved the L bracket to the wall. 

Time is free, but it's priceless.  You can't ownit, but you can use it.  You can't keep it, but you can spend it.  Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »
Apologies for not keeping this as active. Ive been addicted to FF 14. and between that and work ive lost time and ambition to do more designs :/   I just found the ambition and kind of want to design a computer case for the fun of it. Any tips and ideas or design styles would be nice. Open to suggestions to incorporate in the design
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Print