Print 

Author Topic: problem with Halo CE, please help!  (Read 2851 times)

Offline bozozob1

• Newbie Poster
problem with Halo CE, please help!
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »
Hi all,
I downloaded Halo CE from a link that i got from this forum, istalled CE, entered product keys, when double click on the CE icon, game start but it freezes on the Halo main presentation screen, i reinstalled it few times but nothing... i am running on Vista, i don't have any problem with the original Halo, i even tried to run CE as Administrator, but still doesn't work. :bang:
Please any suggestions or technical help would be most appriciated.
Thanks,

BOZO.

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
Re: problem with Halo CE, please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:39:30 PM »
How long did you leave it?

If you have a lot of maps, it takes ages, mine takes around 5 mins to get past that  ;D

But if its brand new to you, and you haven't downloaded any maps, then you might wanna get a smart persons help  ;D

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Luupää

• Posts Too Much
  • The master of disaster
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:43:49 AM »
I use vista too and I had that problem when I first time played halo CE. First i thought there was some problems in my computer or something, but then I just waited and waited and then it started working. Try wait longer but if it still doesnt work then I dont know what to do.

Sig made by me.

Offline bozozob1

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:27:49 AM »
The last time i tried, i waited about 15-20mn, bfm_Luupaa did you download any patch for vista or only the 1.07, thanks for trying to help, it's always apreciated.

BOZO

Offline Đstroyr

• Senior Poster
  • Šeath before Šishonor !
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 02:58:45 PM »
I think their is a Vista Patch at the M$ download site for HALO PC. And, I believe this will also correct the CE problem as well. Can't swear to it since I'm staying XP Pro until it will not work any longer. But it is worth a look.

ANOTHER THING.

Checkout Bungie.com, Halomaps.org, Gearbox.com and of course M$ for support problems using Vista ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:04:58 PM by BFM_Đstroyr »

^^^ SIG made by his awesomeness BFM_Slayton ^^^

Offline bozozob1

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »
All right i got it  :yesyes: , Thanks all, without the replies i might have gave up on it.. but i found out why, it came from a Nvidia video setting called "anti aliasing"(as something to do with gamma control, i think!!) that needed to be turned off.. is that simple or what?? well it was maybe too simple for a complicated man like me  :LOL: .
Anyway i am happy now!! (that's the simple side of me  :P ).

See ya all in game!!

BOZO

Offline Đstroyr

• Senior Poster
  • Šeath before Šishonor !
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »
Oh yeah download NTune from Nvidia. It allows you to customize your HALO settings. And a lot others also.

Be sure to turn of Anti-Aliasing & Anistropic Filtering. Set your video in the game to be NO VSYNC for best performance

^^^ SIG made by his awesomeness BFM_Slayton ^^^

Print