Print 

Author Topic: Well that didn't take NEARLY as long as I thought it would!...  (Read 1478 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage

This just out from WIRED Magazine:

Headline: The Age of Drone Vandalism Begins With an Epic NYC Tag

One of New York City’s largest billboards, the Calvin Klein billboard, was vandalized. It was done in the early hours of Wednesday (4/29/2015) morning, the age of robotic graffiti was born. KATSU, a well-known graffiti artist and vandal, used a hacked Phantom drone to paint a giant red scribble across Kendall Jenner’s face on one of New York City’s largest and most viewed billboards. By all accounts, it is the first time that a drone has been deployed for a major act of public vandalism.

. . .

All I have to say is this: Drones will very soon (my guess: by the end of the year) start requiring state or federal registration. (Much like spray paint, firearms, and postage stamps  ;D)

'Sure am glad to live in the 5th dimension!  ::)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
Re: Well that didn't take NEARLY as long as I thought it would!...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:53:32 PM »
Reminds me of the ban on drones here in The Big Sandbox, as M (embers of the local religion) were using them with cameras to watch into the windows of lovely non-M ladies. Doesn't seem to apply to the actual local citizens as they still do what they like (rare for them to be jailed or fined for anything).  :zoid:
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Print