Print 

Author Topic: *Pokes the Halo. Sees if signs of life show*  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
*Pokes the Halo. Sees if signs of life show*
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:28:09 PM »
Hello all!

I have no idea if people remember me, so if you don't, I was an admin several years ago (it feels like forever). I was thinking of all of you and decided to pop in to see if BFM was still around. Lo and behold it is! I'm in college now, and I don't have a massive amount of time for gaming, but I was curious to know what is still around if I happened to be free for a bit. Are the servers still up and active? Is there a particular timeslot in which they are the most active? And most importantly, are you awesome people still doing well? I miss the clan, and I'm glad to see it's still alive and kicking.

~Bowser~

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Re: *Pokes the Halo. Sees if signs of life show*
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
I  remember you Bowser! :D

Unfortunately I don't think BFM is what is was. Just looking at the forums everything seems pretty inactive. I miss this place :(

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
I guess it hasn't helped that xfire is going, gamespy I think already went almost, and the clan was made up of a fair proportion of teenagers and young-ish adults, many of whom are now growing up or moving on. Ah, well, nothing good lasts forever!
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »
We still alive! :D Man! im glad you are already in college! Times flies D:

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »
Three60...you're not running this place yet?!?

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:11:48 PM »
'Kids and youngish adults' hahaha! You kidz nowadays crack me up. <re-inserts the dentures he borrowed from Elvis> :Chaindog: Though I suppose near the 'end' when Micro$tupid dropped support for GameSpy and Halo PC, most of our admin probably fit that description. Where the heck IS ol' Elvis now? Haven't heard nor seen him about since I was able to shake the desert sands off of my uniform and pick up a rusted rocket launcher someone left propped at the entrance to BFM's Forums. And why do the hogs in the garage have sprayed metallic pink or green sparkles all over them?! Someone even put the training dummies behind the steering wheels! :ninja:
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »
Hey Bowser I remember ya. Some of us are still lurking around now and then but for the most part Halo players have moved on to new games. Its been a fun 15 years of Halo and Halo Racing.

Some of the guys have set up the clan on a game called 'Clash Of Clans' (I'm yet to try this game, if i can play it on PC and not a phone/tab then ill give it a go). Myself and some others are scoping new releases, Beta testing free to play games and such... There is some discussion over what games as a clan we can play and, "pool resources into" if you get me.

But yeah... Halo is like, gone. I've tried a number of times to play while other people are playing and maybe I'm just unlucky that the servers are always empty when I've tried (even other community's' servers are empty too). There is actually a genuine wedge of a hole in my life now. Its not fair. And I for one don't wanna grow up.

I also would like to know who has stolen me Churchill nodding dog from my hog's dashboard.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »
Kakashi. Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... no. No I'm not.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 12:46:30 AM »
There are about 3-4 members playing on and off at different times from Thurs to Sat. If we can get a decent sized group to show up consistently, may be it will encourage other members to come back and join in the fun. Though there are so many new games out there, Halo PC and BFM is still a potent combination that should not just fade away.
[img

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 04:22:03 AM »
These days I almost exclusively play Halo on the Xbox One. In anticipation for Halo 5 mainly...  I actually don't have any other games than MCC installed at the moment. Shame that there's no racing community there, at least none that I know of.

Offline jeff

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »
I'm still alive! somehow  :P

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »

GAH!

You measly humans are still around?!

Okay, okay then!  I'll come play your measly games....  :P

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

GAH!

You measly humans are still around?!

Okay, okay then!  I'll come play your measly games....  :P

::)

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 02:57:42 PM »
Hi Bowser!

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline SonOfLorien

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
-db- and it's servers are still active. X1 is the US server, X2 the EU one, CE on fridaynights, ROCKS offer mixed gametypes without rules.

So there is still life, just not in BFM ...it seems...

Print