Print 

Author Topic: The long-lived, long-suffering Grow-A-Frog  (Read 1727 times)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
The long-lived, long-suffering Grow-A-Frog
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:31:41 PM »
Dunno how I got there, but I found a company that sends tadpoles through the mail, and then you can grow your own frog at home. People buy them for their young children so the kids can watch the change from tadpole to froglet to frog. But those parents don't realize how long the frog will live...

Many of the reviews on Amazon come from people/parents who got the frog decades ago. Their feelings about the lifespan of the Grow-A-Frog range from pleasantly surprised to weary and waiting for death. The frog's, not their own. Some of the reviews talk about how horribly immortal the frogs seem to be, but you start to get a sense of how horrible the owners can be. The more I read, the more I laughed. These poor frogs!

These have been thoughtfully arranged so you can get an idea of how people feel about the frog, and about who's writing these reviews.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: The long-lived, long-suffering Grow-A-Frog
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 09:31:08 PM »
It's a curse. Neglect and irresponsibility did not seem to faze them.  From what I gather from these comments, giving it back to their parents seemed like one of the ideal solutions.
[img

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
Re: The long-lived, long-suffering Grow-A-Frog
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:53:16 PM »
This made me shamelessly laugh in the library and receive many evil stares... :siderofl:

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Print