Print 

Author Topic: Guild Wars  (Read 3836 times)

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
Guild Wars
« on: November 11, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »
Hey all,

I am a survivor from many MMO games that I got bored / burnt out on and quit. (Ultima Online, Everquest, Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Lord of the Rings Online, and a few of the "free" ones like Flyff, RF Online, etc...)

Currently, the only one that has stayed on my hard drive is Guild Wars, because I can tackle it in bite sized chunks. (Still working through all the campaigns, haven't even tried PvP yet, but obviously plan on it!) Out of every MMO I have tried, this is the only one to break out of the EQ "mold" and to try to be a little different... and I like that.

So, I know some of you all play it too, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a current or former guild that I might apply to join? Looking for something similar to BFM's mature, tolerant atmosphere, as I really get turned off by the foul language and "L33t" attitudes of a lot of the guilds I have checked out... bleh.

I am finding it hard to meet people / make friends in the game since I don't play all that often, and all the adventure areas are instanced, so the only place to meet people is in the crowded "town" areas. I am used to chatting with folks as I run around adventuring, but GW doesn't quite work that way... I joined 1 guild, but quit after a while as the people were kinda unfriendly, and didn't really want to even talk to you unless you were a PvP god... Looking for something more friendly, helpful and casual.

So, lemme know if you have any hot tips for me. My GW name is 'Loqii Shadowstalker' (Assasin!)  And, add me to your friends list!

-Loq

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
Re: Guild Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
Hey Loqii,

Which Campaign is your character in?  Right now, Ive got 1 in Prophecies and 1 in Night fall.  I just picked up Eye of the North.  Looks sweet but I cant access it yet, as none of my characters are level 20 yet.  ARRRGH!!

BFM_Slayton

Offline MasacR

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
I have

Lvl 20 W/Mo = Mr Masacr
Lvl 20 R/Mo = Obese Ant
Lvl 20 Rt/N - Blind Guy Owns You
Lvl 6 N/E -- Post Searing - Somethin from h-e double hockey stick

33k - Spent 30k+ On my guild and guild hall

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »

33k - Spent 30k+ On my guild and guild hall

Nice!!!!

I have  a Lvl 9 W/Mem (Prophecies)
               Lvl 4 W         (Prophecies)
               Lvl 6 Paragon (Nightfall)
               Lvl 3 Dervish  (Nightfall)

I know they are all low level, but thats what happens when you dont play for almost a year  :P

I want one of them to get to the "Eye of the North" Lvl tho.  Looks sweet.

Offline MasacR

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »
Yeah, I stopped playing for a good 4 months but a friend just got me back into it. We decided to make necros. Its going a bit slow because we dont play as much as we used to. But I got 2.3k on my necro in pre-searing.

Are you in a guild?

We have 6 members, only 2 are active (me and VenoM - the leader/friend). But we have a guild hall, we are going to work on an alliance.

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 04:47:15 PM »
Im in a Guild [FoK]-Fist of Krosia......Magic players would get it.  As far as I can remember we have about 6 members, 3 of which are active.  No guild hall and no cloacks as our leader, not me, didnt choose any.

Paragon/Ranger is now 12 Level.  And its sad but I have a 12 Level Pet Warthog of all things.  :siderofl:

BFM_Slayton

Offline Defender

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:59:21 AM »
There are literally thousands of guilds, so you gotta know what kind you want.  The kind of gameplay (PvE, PvP, or mixed), how big the guild/alliance is, the location of the majority of members (if you're American and the guild is mostly Euros, you're not gonna see anyone online very often), etc.  If you know roughly what you want, go to any of the major towns (or as major as you have access to) into districts 1 or 2 and spam that you're looking to try a guild with whatever qualities you're interested in.  Another way to go would be to check GuildWarsGuru.com since it has a section in their forums dedicated to both (a.) guilds advertising for recruitment and (b.) people advertising to join guilds.  The site also has a Guild of the Week feature where once a week they spotlight a different guild, listing their style of play and brief interviews with some of the members. That's how I found the one I'm in now - I was looking for a mainly PvE guild, scrolling through the different GotW articles, when I came across their page and liked it, so I tracked one of the members down so I could join up.  And since everyone is listing what they have, I have all 3 campaigns plus Eye of the North, three lv.20's (warrior, necro and paragon, but I'm only ever on my warrior), a new perma-pre warrior, a new ranger in Prophecies, and 2 PvP characters I use for extra storage.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:16:42 AM by Defender aka Aegis »

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 12:55:34 PM »
Heya,

Thanks all for the info!

I only have 1 char (20 Assassin) who is on the last mission in Factions, and has started all the other campaigns, but hasn't gotten too far. (I work on one till I get stuck on a hard mission, then jump to another lol...)

Looking for (ideally) a mixed guild that does PVE / PVP. I like medium sized guilds... 50 to 100 people. Not so many that I can't remember anyones name, not so few that I never see anyone online.  The main thing for me though is that I want a guild that likes to have fun, and is relatively mature. I don't need language rules like BFM's (no offense) but I also won't be a part of any guild where people use racist / sexist / orientation based language all the time... just not for me.

-Loq

Offline MasacR

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »
You are free to join my Guild at any time. Although we have 6 members, and 4 of them havent been on in 2-3 Months

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »
Cool, thanks! I'm taking break from Guild Wars though, as my new obsession is Eve Online. Got the free trial and haven't been able to pull myself away from it yet, lol...

-Loq

Offline Ïguänä

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 07:22:47 AM »
the game is good? If we have a clan in the game some of bfm would be great, then I would buy it.  :banjo: :banjo:

Offline Defender

• Junior Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »
Yes, it's a very good game, plus no monthly charges.

Offline Jixar

• Regular Poster
  • Don't mess with the Mog
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
oh the glory of free MMORPGs!!  :toot: I have a lvl 6 N/Mo. The GW name is Sirus Razor. Hope to see ya'll there.

Thanks BFM_Rypto for the sig! xD

Without war, there can not be peace.

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »
I have a Level 20 Paragon/Ranger in the Eye of the North.  GW name Kamahl Karnac.

Slayton

Offline Ediseye

• Posts Too Much
  • And t3h shark eatz itz
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »
I got a level 20 Warrior/Monk in Prophecies (Rofl at me having the first one :toot:) but I haven't played on him a while. Still haven't beaten the game with him.

Print