Print 

Author Topic: A big thanks from your crispity, crunchety, peanut-buttery Jane Deaux  (Read 5129 times)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Actually, this is just an excuse to make a really long post. I'm wordy. The post has thoughtfully been chunked up so you can skip any chunk and not be lost. At least not completely lost, I'm an oddball.

Dear Diary,

Four score and seven ye... No, wait, it was only one year ago. That's like a small fraction of a score. :doh:

One year and four days ago, I registered at these great BFM forums. I don't remember why I did it. Probably because they spammed the web address in the servers all the time and I just wanted to check it out. I had been racing for a bit before I first signed up and I'm sure I didn't do it immediately after my one and only server kick. Digression!

So there I was, all alone, about to hop in a hog when somebody rammed me and flipped it. I tried to get back in but before I could, three (THREE!) team mates came up, got in the hog and drove away. Obviously, I must exact revenge so I naded them--one of my very few nades that found its mark. They flipped, ha. One of them ran right over to me and stood there (I didn't know what that meant then) so I thought he wanted to fight. I was like "bring it on, punk!" I didn't actually do or type anything, just stood there looking back at him to see what he would do, but I was ready. If anyone's ever kicked or been kicked, you know what he was doing (getting my name and kicking, because I know there are some that never break rules, bless their hearts). I was ashamed so I didn't go back that day and changed my name forever. Had it not been for the kick, y'all might be calling me SmartyPants. The End.

No, I didn't register right after that, but it couldn't have been too long after. Glad I did!

A handful of people may be aware that I don't know anything about computers. This ignorance extends to the Internet and modern communication ("Operator? Is there an operator on the line?"). I had no idea that there were things like message boards and Ventrilo and Australians. Maybe that's why I'm practically obsessed. I'm like a country person who visits a big city for the first. "This is so cool! I had no idea! Wow, is that a hobo?!" I later discovered it was just Hydra. ;)

Well, I signed up and soon enough, I found my forumy groove and have been blatantly loitering since. I really do love it here. The people are awesome, everyone one of them, from the clan founder to the newest person who signed up just today. Originally I was going to selfishly call this thread "My Anniversary! Mine, mine, mine!" While thinking about it, I realized that I wouldn't have stuck around if it weren't for the people, so it's definitely a THANK YOU thread written on or around my one-year anniversary.

A big thanks and awkward hugs for all who make this place what it is!

Oh, and happy one-year BFM anniversary to me!

-Jane Diggity-Doo-Deaux :)

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
Re: A big thanks from your crispity, crunchety, peanut-buttery Jane Deaux
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:37:50 AM »
That was WAYYY too short. Please continue. Oh, yea and congrats!

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 05:50:19 AM »
 :o

Scared me, thought you were going to leave BFM.

;D

Glad to see it's a good thing.

Congratz.

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:22:00 AM »
Congratz on the year Jane. I am glad u are here. And I hope I get a chance to give you another one of my COOL rockets. ;D See you on the track Ms jane. 8)

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

BFM_Nrvend

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:18:37 AM »
Happy anniversary Jane! Wow, it's been a year. It almost seems like a blink to me.  Anyways nice post, very entertaining. When I see a post with your name on it, I always have to check it out. just to see what your going to say next ....lol. You have a great sence of humor and I'm glad finally did decide to join.

Offline a triscuit

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 08:17:49 AM »
When I see a post with your name on it, I always have to check it out. just to see what your going to say next ....lol. You have a great sence of humor and I'm glad finally did decide to join.

You Betcha!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »

0) Naw!  It hasn't already been a YEAR, has it?!?! :o ("Yes, and FOUR FULL DAYS, too!" says JANE....)

1) That was WAAAAY shorter than I expected it to be!  :P  ;D

2) NOW I understand your penchant for teamnading in scrims!  TY for explaining that, SmartyPants....

:winkgrin: )

3) I've always been so sad that you dropped the "Dough" "Deaux" from your name, tho.  It's never felt right calling you "Just JANE." ...

Hence in honour ( <-- for the Brits out there...) of your anniversary, from this day forth I dub thee "J.D." when we're both on vent together!  So pay attention when I call you that CUZZA I'LL BE TALKIN' TO YOU, JD!

4) No, thank YOU for continuing to put up with us!  ::)

N) 'Sure glad to have you here, JANE JD!  Keep up the great Haikus ... oh yeah, and any of those other-odd posts that you make from time-to-time, too!  ;)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 12:44:32 PM »
Heh, thought you were leaving when I saw that for some reason! Alas, congrats on the 1 year anniversary, may there be many more <3.

Offline AR~H@ngm@n

• Posts Too Much
  • ~Got rope? No worries, I brought enough for you~
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »
Ok, we may have to make a rule that people who are NOT leaving are NOT allowed to name their posts in such a way as to give the impression that they are leaving!  UGH!  Thought you were gone, too, lol.

Anyway, it's been great having you around the servers, forum and vent.  My one year on the forums has come and gone and I share with you the excitement that you get when coming here.  There is always something new and fresh to read (sans the spammers  :winkgrin: ).

Offline BlazinAngel

• Regular Poster
  • THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

A big thanks and awkward hugs for all who make this place what it is!

Awww Jane  :hug:
"I'll say sorry, but I'm not taking off my glasses."  -EPIC ! :beachglasses:

Offline Volley

• Posts Too Much
  • You Just Got Served...
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 04:04:13 PM »
I had no idea that there were things like message boards and Ventrilo and Australians. Maybe that's why I'm practically obsessed. I'm like a country person who visits a big city for the first. "This is so cool! I had no idea! Wow, is that a hobo?!" I later discovered it was just Hydra. ;)

-Jane Diggity-Doo-Deaux :)

LOL! Jane you never cease to crack me up. Are you sure you're not a comedian in "real" life. You know we <3 ya. BFM just wouldn't be the same with you. BIG GROUP HUG!!  :grouphug:

Oh, and Happy Anniversary, it just happenes to be the same day as my mom's b-day. I promise to remember this special day every year.

~Former 1st Lieutenant - 2008

Offline AR~Archon

• Senior Poster
  • No surrender, no retreat
    • MacFire (Xfire for Mac)
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 08:22:27 PM »
No, don't do that again. :toughguy:  Count me among those who thought you were leaving.   :evil:

Congrats on a full year, Jane Deaux!  d_b
The minstrel boy to the war has gone...
Understanding is a three edged sword.  Your side, their side, and the truth.
Who are you?  What do you want?  Why are you here?  Where are you going?

Offline Daigoro

• Posts Too Much
  • shishogan...swordsman's eyes
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 09:28:17 PM »
Jane, I sure am glad you decided to stay and brighten our world on the forums and on vent. As for whomever kicked you, I'd like to give him or her a piece of my mind! :winkgrin:
Sincerely,
Daigoro

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 10:48:36 PM »
Oh god, shes been here for a year? :headbang:

Congratz!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 02:56:17 AM »
I tried to find a title that didn't give the impression that I was leaving. Let's see, I discarded "My Anniversary! Mine, mine, mine" as we know. I considered "Everybody look at me NOW", "O, the continuity" (because I love the word O), and "You'll never be rid of me" but none of these titles really fit. Maybe next year I'll go with the simple but expressive title of "Oh yeah!"

Print