Print 

Author Topic: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions  (Read 58464 times)

Offline Mr P

• Regular Poster
    • Mr. P's Classroom
Re: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Vent problem after Halo updated to 1.09?  I started having halo say that I needed admin access to install an update whenever I wanted to go to the lobby.  I could enter a game via direct IP.  I updated halo and now my vent will not allow me to speak unless it is the top window.  I can't play halo and talk at the same time now.  I am running Vista.

Thanks,
Mr. P

Situation solved.  Geek2 told me that I needed to run both Halo and Vent as an Admin.  Once I did that, it worked like it always did.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:44:45 PM by BFM_Mr P »

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2009, 12:07:38 PM »
Vent problem after Halo updated to 1.09?  I started having halo say that I needed admin access to install an update whenever I wanted to go to the lobby.  I could enter a game via direct IP.  I updated halo and now my vent will not allow me to speak unless it is the top window.  I can't play halo and talk at the same time now.  I am running Vista.

Thanks,
Mr. P

Situation solved.  Geek2 told me that I needed to run both Halo and Vent as an Admin.  Once I did that, it worked like it always did.

Yup.

I advise people to ALWAYS set "Run as Administrator" AND whatever applicable Compatibility Mode setting there is for any pre-Vista sw they install on a Vista machine....

(The same prolly goes for W7, too....)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline xOninez

• Junior Poster
  • Just do it.
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:20 PM »
mines wont connect to BFMracing.net, it keeps saying MSG: contacting to server

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »
First off, you will be notified when you can access our vent server.

Second, did you try the IP?  or "bfmracing.net?"  You will need to make sure the IP and port (numbers after the ":") are correct, which you can find them on the home page of our website.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline xOninez

• Junior Poster
  • Just do it.
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »
First off, you will be notified when you can access our vent server.

Second, did you try the IP?  or "bfmracing.net?"  You will need to make sure the IP and port (numbers after the ":") are correct, which you can find them on the home page of our website.

oh I didnt get notified with access, and I tried bfmracing.net because it says unidentified when I use the IP

Offline Baloo

• Newbie Poster
  • Baloo's Mommy
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
Vent Lag Out!

I'm having lag issues when on Vent.  My usual ping is 94 but when playing halo my ping will jump to 16k plus whenever 2 or more people are talking over one another and 1k plus when anyone is talking.  Any ideas or settings I can change to help this?

Problem has been fixed.  Thx
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:48:47 PM by bfm_Baloo »

Offline Eragon

• Newbie Poster
  • He that liveth by the sword, dieth by the sword
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »
OK, Vent problem here
 Every time I log into vent it's ok, I can join any channels but as soon as I join a channel I have about 20 seconds before it lags me out. ie. I can hear everyone else in the channel and the PTT button looks like it works fine on my end, but no-one on vent can hear me although it looks fine and well to me. after about 5 mins or so, it'll sign me out for 8 secs and then sign me back in put me back into the channel I was in b4 and I have about another 30 secs b4 everyone's like "Hmmm, seems like Eragon's lagged out agian..."
 Can someone help me?
-=Eragon=-
Code: [Select]
awesome sig made by bfm_Arya, thx! =)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2010, 11:48:12 PM »
OK, Vent problem here
 Every time I log into vent it's ok, I can join any channels but as soon as I join a channel I have about 20 seconds before it lags me out. ie. I can hear everyone else in the channel and the PTT button looks like it works fine on my end, but no-one on vent can hear me although it looks fine and well to me. after about 5 mins or so, it'll sign me out for 8 secs and then sign me back in put me back into the channel I was in b4 and I have about another 30 secs b4 everyone's like "Hmmm, seems like Eragon's lagged out agian..."
 Can someone help me?
-=Eragon=-

You wouldn't, perhaps, being connecting via a wireless router, would you?

Offline Eragon

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2010, 01:29:26 PM »
Yeah Mxy, I am conected via wireless net but...when I was  PR b4 I never had this kind of problem. that was last year I think but I had my pc set up the same way...

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
Yeah Mxy, I am conected via wireless net but...when I was  PR b4 I never had this kind of problem. that was last year I think but I had my pc set up the same way...

All it takes is a neighbor - even as far away as 500'! - turning on their microwave or a poorly shielded teevee....

You can try resetting your LAN, but ...

"...All bets off" until you can connect wired to test to see if it works fine that way. 

Sorry....

Offline Eragon

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »
okee dokee, thx anyways =)
-=3r@g0n=-

Offline V3ngnce

• Regular Poster
  • Pure Epicness.....
    • I will not die!
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:15 PM »
Ok here's my problem... i can hear people on vent fine, but they cannot hear me unless i get on my vista, and even then they say I'm a bit quiet. I am not sure if this is a mic problem or not, but it is seriously affecting my ability to communicate with other people on vent, both Zakk, and Zeek have tried to help me with this problem and we just don't know whats going on. So pretty much all they hear is either static, or nothing at all..

- Chief
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other person die for theirs."

"V3ngnce, you're an elite admin. You can get 4 laps, 12 kills, and spam the rules all at the same time!" - BFM_Slayton

The Legend of V3ngnce
Applied for BFM - October 2009
Denied from BFM due to inactivity - Nov 13th 2009
Re-applied for BFM - Jan 3 2010
Gained vent access - Feb 7 2010
Little Tags - 13th March 2010
Dropped recruitment due to unfortunate events- 4th June 2010
Re-applied - August 2010
Little Tags again - October 2010
Big Tags - Janurary 13th 2011

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
Ok here's my problem... i can hear people on vent fine, but they cannot hear me unless i get on my vista, and even then they say I'm a bit quiet. I am not sure if this is a mic problem or not, but it is seriously affecting my ability to communicate with other people on vent, both Zakk, and Zeek have tried to help me with this problem and we just don't know whats going on. So pretty much all they hear is either static, or nothing at all..

- Chief

Please explain further the part above, highlighted in red....

Also, please try this before posting again as well....

Offline V3ngnce

• Regular Poster
  • Pure Epicness.....
    • I will not die!
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »
Ok what i meant by "vista" is my vista computer... people seem to be hearing me fine on that one without a whole bunch of static, even though I'm "quiet." I have gotten it to where at least some people can understand me... but most other people only hear a bunch static with an incredibly quiet voice, too quiet to understand... When i tried the sound recorder i could hear myself but i had to raise my voice a bit - more than you usually would, in order to hear it echoed back through the recorder to where i could understand what i had said almost perfectly.....
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other person die for theirs."

"V3ngnce, you're an elite admin. You can get 4 laps, 12 kills, and spam the rules all at the same time!" - BFM_Slayton

The Legend of V3ngnce
Applied for BFM - October 2009
Denied from BFM due to inactivity - Nov 13th 2009
Re-applied for BFM - Jan 3 2010
Gained vent access - Feb 7 2010
Little Tags - 13th March 2010
Dropped recruitment due to unfortunate events- 4th June 2010
Re-applied - August 2010
Little Tags again - October 2010
Big Tags - Janurary 13th 2011

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2010, 03:52:58 PM »
Ok what i meant by "vista" is my vista computer... people seem to be hearing me fine on that one without a whole bunch of static, even though I'm "quiet." I have gotten it to where at least some people can understand me... but most other people only hear a bunch static with an incredibly quiet voice, too quiet to understand... When i tried the sound recorder i could hear myself but i had to raise my voice a bit - more than you usually would, in order to hear it echoed back through the recorder to where i could understand what i had said almost perfectly.....

Still a bit unclear....

Are you saying that you're trying it on two different computers and trying to compare the differences??

If you're talking about vent on two different machines you're going to need to be a lot clearer about WHICH ONE has WHAT SPECIFIC PROBLEMS, please. (And all the differences between them, right down to the hardware....)

And then tell us which ONE you want to correct.

Then forget everything you want to tell us about the OTHER computer, and save yourself some time.

Print