Print 

Author Topic: On Hanabal's nade post  (Read 1368 times)

Offline -JR- Falx

• Newbie Poster
On Hanabal's nade post
« on: December 09, 2007, 03:08:04 AM »
A tip for survival at the start of Infinity:If you spawn to the left side of the base and a melee starts up,get in a hog and go round the back of the base and approach the 1st nav from the right hand side.
Should be a clearer run plus you can hit the nav a lot faster and straighter,so hopefully have more chance of dodging any dangers.Works especially well if you are in a lone hog.

Don't think this move breaks any of your rules?

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: On Hanabal's nade post
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:44:12 AM »
That is a very smart strategy if done correctly.  The only problem I can see with regards to the rules would be RULE 5.5.  That is not the most direct route to the nav, so if you (the driver) or your gunner rack up several kills along the way out of the base it could be mistaken for chase killing.  Going a little out of route for defensive purposes (to avoid a mele) so that you can actually get to the nav is perfectly fine.  In this particular case though, because you are at the spawn point, it can very easily look like you are avoiding the nav for the purpose of racking up kills.  I did say it could "look like it"...we know you better than that Falx  :angel:

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline -JR- Falx

• Newbie Poster
Re: On Hanabal's nade post
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »
Yeah,that is the only problem I can see,by the time you get round to the r/h side it is usually clear.I really only use this ruse if it is messy and in a lone hog.If players are nading instead of getting in a hog,reversing to back of base usually means their dastardly nades fall short (!

I did say it could "look like it"...we know you better than that Falx

Oh and thx for the confidence,I will try to live up to it! :)

Print