Print 

Author Topic: Question at start of new map  (Read 2054 times)

Offline BlazinAngel

• Regular Poster
  • THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER !!!
Question at start of new map
« on: July 28, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »
Ok, so here it is.
I had this happen to me today, at the start of Ice Fields.
The map started and everyone spawned, i immediatally checked my radar (to see if any enemy were around).  I see Fuzion and Roddney (enemys) in front of me trying to get into a rocket hog.  They pass up 2 chain hogs, and grab the rocket hog first.

Everyone else around me was on my team, and we had plenty of hogs (4or5) to get into.
Well sure enough, I was right behind  Fuzion and Roddney, but I wasn't nading them so there wouldnt be a nade fest at the beginning.
Fuzion grabbed the driver seat, and Roddney the rocket seat, sure enough Roddney turns right around and blasts me with a rocket the second they started driving, and before I could get into a hog.

My question is, would it have been acceptable to throw a nade on their hog in self-defense, even though there were plenty of hogs for me to get into ?
I was 100% sure if he turned around I was a goner, but wasn't sure if the gunner would turn around and fire.

Keeping in mind these rules,
What would have been the correct move to make ?

7.1. You may attack an enemy player when they are attacking you or you believe you are in imminent danger.

6.15.  You may attack an enemy player to keep them from getting into a hog. Although we allow this, we discourage it if the enemy is not a threat and there is another hog available for you to race in.

If I had to guess, the correct move would be to get into a hog, and hope that the gunner does not turn around and fire, or get into the hog and drive away from him as much as I could.
"I'll say sorry, but I'm not taking off my glasses."  -EPIC ! :beachglasses:

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Question at start of new map
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 07:42:32 PM »
You would have been well within your rights to nade them.  It is also very sportsman like of you to consider not nading them so that a nade fest does not start.  Neither of these options are wrong.  At different times you may chose one option over the other for strategic reasons and you should not feel bad about defending youself when you feel it is necessary.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print