Print 

Author Topic: Anyone here with Car modding experience??  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Kikn

• Junior Poster
  • My Halo 3 spartan
    • Future Hope To Many
Anyone here with Car modding experience??
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience in the past with a Wet Nos system. If you have exp. also with a rx7 or rx8 that would be GREAT!

Offline Đstroyr

• Senior Poster
  • Ğeath before Ğishonor !
Re: Anyone here with Car modding experience??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:06:35 PM »
Get a Chevy Dude. What size fogger do you have also?

^^^ SIG made by his awesomeness BFM_Slayton ^^^

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
Wet Nos, nope. RX-7, heck yeah! Mind you mine was just general maintenence and tweaking the timing. Was also a carbuerated model, so no where near what you are probably doing.

Offline panoze

• Posts Too Much
  • 棕榈 grower
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »
NOS is not worth it! LOL I personally would do any upgrading to the suspension and tires first and drive it rather than try to go faster than other yahoos lol it more fun to drive like that than to race or go fast in my opinion.   Plus it burns out your motor and can get you killed.   Or are you planning on timing/racing this car at a track?   If that was the case I'd say go for it. 

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:37:03 PM »
It is rather expensive ,because you will replace your motor often as it will defiantly burn up your rings and pistons. The wear and tear on your motor is extreme but if you have money to burn go for it lol.  There are many other things you can do to make your car go faster as you probally know starting with computer chips to hi octane fuels to better exhaust systems and forced air cooled intakes .Go with a  Supercharger.Maybe even Turbo Charged  ^^!

Offline xtra

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
i agree with all the comments so far, my opinions is this...
nos can be complicated, expensive and dangerous, it will take planning and alot of money to replace parts in your car to ones capable of running nos without troubles.  if you have a newer car and/or a reputable garage or mechanic says your car is up to it then i would recommend because the results are sometimes quite breath taking.
i also agree with an early comment that its dangerous, nos on a street car can be lethal as im sure you can imagine. nos cars i driven in the past hit 90mph in second gear with only a few seconds of nos.
if you are looking for a higher top speed, new engine etc.
if you are looking for crazy accelloration then i suggest a a turbo charger or a super charge, these also would require new parts to your car but your looking at way more money in the bank this way:D
hope this helped (p.s i cant spell to save myself)

Offline Kikn

• Junior Poster
  • My Halo 3 spartan
    • Future Hope To Many
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
No I'm looking to put a simple 55hp shot on my 1.3L Renesis Rotary RX-8 engine. Ever post I've read on the rx8 forums says it's completely compatible with everything stock and will not tear up your engine. Oh well thanks anyways guys.

Offline xtra

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:14:33 PM »
I thought all American cars had like 50 litre engines as standard?;)

Offline Condurre

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 02:38:57 AM »
NOS in small doses can be applied to a stock motor if the engine is solid and the NOS is engineered right.

I would consider a 150-250 HP boost on a small block 350; probably not a stock one but nothing too crazy either.

Can't help with the rotary engine side as I grew up driving a 66 Mustang and a 67 GTO.

I have three Ford Model Ts now.

Condurre

Print