Print 

Author Topic: Your Rig (Lets see them!)  (Read 147654 times)

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Your Rig (Lets see them. We are getting somewhere finally ;))
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2008, 02:12:53 AM »
I'm gonna cry..............................
Can i haz a test run? ;D

Lol - Mxy wins!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline theOutlaw

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2008, 07:56:50 AM »
My Crappy Black Friday Special Toshiba Satelite P205-S7402 a laptop that barely meets halo minimum requirements

Display: 17-inch Trubrite Widescreen Display WXGA
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 (1.66GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB)
Memory: 2048MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (1024MBx2)
Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with 64MB-256MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
Optical Drive: HD DVD-ROM/DVD SuperMulti (+/- double layer) drive (in one optical drive),supporting 12 formats
Battery: 6-Cell, 4000mAh Lithium Ion battery
Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
Ports: S-Video, 6 x USB 2.0, FireWire
Weight: 7.2 pounds
Expansion Card: ExpressCard Slot

thanks C for the sig

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
Nice Myx and for just $870, yours beats mine as well :'( in graphics, Power supply and mobo

I got same process and twice you RAM (close enough to the same PC lol), mine cost a little over $2000 when I built it in October 2006 (I only recently upgraded the RAM though) prices have surely dropped alot since back then lol

Your Tri monitors and what I would say OVERKILL lol

Offline Glogg

• Junior Poster
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »
Custom built by me, myself and I, lol.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ @ 3.2Ghz
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard
VisionTek HD3870 gfx
2gig DDR2 ram
150g raptor hdd for VISTA Home premium
Antec 900 atx ultimate gamer case
Hp 20" wide monitor.
750 watt Ps

Yea i know i have bad cable management but she still runs about 32c at idle and 50c at load :)

Before the new monitor (only a 19" in this pic).

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »
Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Hard Drive: 36 GB
Video Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Speakers/Headphones: 
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: 
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) 

Nothin special
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
Nice Myx and for just $870, yours beats mine as well :'( in graphics, Power supply and mobo

I got same process and twice you RAM (close enough to the same PC lol), mine cost a little over $2000 when I built it in October 2006 (I only recently upgraded the RAM though) prices have surely dropped alot since back then lol

I probably should've explained the tri-monitor setup a bit more, so you get the gist of what's going on here....

To recap: The middle monitor is on a KVM switch, and acts as the PRIMARY monitor for both systems. [Call it "ON1."]  The left-hand monitor is secondary for my old system ["O2"], and the right-hand monitor is secondary for my new system ["N2"].

I can play Halo from either machine - on ON1. (COMPLETELY diff. video settings tho!!) basically game-play or the "work-at-hand" for the moment is on ON1, one way or another....

O2 usually displays any combination of a variety of other things that I might have going on at the same time.  E.g. Disk burning, remote log-in to other machines doing backups, market quotes, w/e. It is also home to my TV display which is built-in to my old system (ATI 9700 All-In-Wonder,) so I often have the "news," Letterman, or Ferguson there....

N2 usually displays Ventrilo and xfire if I'm in-game, but that's ONLY IF I'm NOT running in SLi mode (with the two cards ganged together as one, which limits me to only ON1 use in that case....)  Halo doesn't benefit from SLi at all, so I usually have those applications up on N2 when I'm racing with y'all....

So while it may look like "overkill," I had three, 21" Sony monitors on my desk throughout most of my computing career and came to make excellent use of all that landscape then, as I still seem to be able to do now!  (FYI: I also ran "virtual desktop" software on my old 3-monitor "work" system, making each monitor act as if it were NINE SCREENS, so I had 27 desktops!!!  :o  :o  So having a mere three now, is SOOO NOT overkill!  :winkgrin: )

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

I probably should've explained the tri-monitor setup a bit more, so you get the gist of what's going on here....

To recap: The middle monitor is on a KVM switch, and acts as the PRIMARY monitor for both systems. [Call it "ON1."]  The left-hand monitor is secondary for my old system ["O2"], and the right-hand monitor is secondary for my new system ["N2"].

I can play Halo from either machine - on ON1. (COMPLETELY diff. video settings tho!!) basically game-play or the "work-at-hand" for the moment is on ON1, one way or another....

O2 usually displays any combination of a variety of other things that I might have going on at the same time.  E.g. Disk burning, remote log-in to other machines doing backups, market quotes, w/e. It is also home to my TV display which is built-in to my old system (ATI 9700 All-In-Wonder,) so I often have the "news," Letterman, or Ferguson there....

N2 usually displays Ventrilo and xfire if I'm in-game, but that's ONLY IF I'm NOT running in SLi mode (with the two cards ganged together as one, which limits me to only ON1 use in that case....)  Halo doesn't benefit from SLi at all, so I usually have those applications up on N2 when I'm racing with y'all....

So while it may look like "overkill," I had three, 21" Sony monitors on my desk throughout most of my computing career and came to make excellent use of all that landscape then, as I still seem to be able to do now!  (FYI: I also ran "virtual desktop" software on my old 3-monitor "work" system, making each monitor act as if it were NINE SCREENS, so I had 27 desktops!!!  :o  :o  So having a mere three now, is SOOO NOT overkill!  :winkgrin: )

:eek:
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2008, 11:43:16 PM »
lol Myx I have one, 1, the number before 2 lol

yeah 3 is overkill, and 27 mini-screens is like a whopping security monitoring system

I would like to move to 2, get myself another 19inch wide some day

Offline Muzak

• Regular Poster
  • The Rythym is gonna Get You
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
Oh boy, this is gonna be sad, but just for kicks here's my rig.

eMachines t2825 - circa 2003  *ducks*
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ @ ~2.1Ghz
1 GB RAM of, I dunno what
Nvidia GeForce XF 5200 w/ 256 MB (iirc)  Anyone remember AGP?
Realtek Audio built in to MOBO
2 HDDs totalling 320 GB
Win XP Home

About a year ago my southbridge fried due to the cheap PSU's they were using in these boxes, but only after about 4 years of constant, somewhat heavy useage.  Replaced with a Foxconn MOBO and a 300w Hipro PSU.  Thankfully everything else was fine and I was just able to do a straight swap-out.  It's actually been a really reliable machine other than that.  Getting ready to do a new custom build, will be my first.  I'll post when it's up and running.  My old rig will become my dedicated editing machine.  Now to figure out what to do with the third one.  Anyone need an old P3 @ 800Mhz?  *ducks*

Later

J-Man
Listen to the Muzak

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

Wow.  It just keeps on getting BETTER!

I just got another after-the-fact $25 off EACH of my 9600 GT graphics cards, dropping my system total by another $50 to $820! (Numbers have been updated in my system post, too....)

It really pays to keep an eye out for price drops AFTER you've bought your components, and go back to the retailer and take them up on their price guarantees!

*edit* Note: My system cost eventually ended up at US$720!  :o  :yesyes:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:58:01 PM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Muzak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2008, 01:22:56 AM »
Yay, my new computer parts came in today!  Got everything put together and it seems to be working just dandy.  So here's the upgraded specs.

Manufacturer:  home build 1.0
Mobo:  ASUS M2A-VM HDMI AM2 AMD 690G HDMI Micro ATX
PSU:  SeaSonic S12 II SS-380GB ATX12V 380W
Processor:  AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, ~2.5GHz
Memory:   GeIL 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800 Dual Channel
Hard Drive: 120GB WD ATA100
Integrated Video: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250, ~700MB hypermem (don't know how)
Monitor: 17" CRT
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse: PS/2 Infrared Mouse
Operating System: Windows XP Home

Basically, it's all new except for the HDD, and thus the operating system et al.  Don't know how the onboard video is reporting 700MB of memory, specs say it's only capable of 256 shared max.  I'm not complaining, it seems to be running just fine.  Haven't yet tried some more graphically intense games than Halo.  Will likely add an SATA HDD soon, and am considering a graphics card as well.  Lower budget to fit PCI-E x16, non SLI.  Any recomendations?  Later.

J-Man
Listen to the Muzak

Offline Kozmo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2008, 01:52:23 AM »
JMan, if I were to buy a graphics card right now that doesn't eat far into the wallet I would get a nvidia 8600gt 512mb.

Offline Muzak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2008, 12:11:57 AM »
nvidia 8600gt 512mb.

Thanks Kozmo, I'll look into that.  Especially since that tax rebate recently came in, I have a little room to expand my budget.   :yesyes:

J-Man
Listen to the Muzak

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2008, 04:44:27 AM »
My PC with new OC stats and Pics. I figured out what I was doing wrong with the OC

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 G0 2.4Ghz OC @ 3.780GHz (420x9) 1680Mhz FSB Vcore: 1.376-1.4v (about 37% extra performance, which makes it 580Mhz F. 60Mhz FSB faster then the $1700-2000 QX9770 @ stock)

CPU Cooler: Tuniq - Tower 120 Cooler (average Temp of 55 Degrees C at load)

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 (Planning on upgrading to GA-EX38-DQ6)

Hard Drive: (320GB + 120GB) Internal + (320GB + 500GB + 750GB + 1TB + 1TB) External + 1TB Network Drive (5TB total, used about 0.96TB)

RAM: 4096MB Corsair DDR2 DOMINATOR CM2X2048-8500C5D 1066MHz @ 1050Mhz 5-7-7-20 2T (Its complicated but that is actually an OC of 250Mhz lol) 

Video Card: ATi Radeon X1950 XTX GDDR4 648Mhz, 2000MHz OC @ 700MHz Core, 2200MHz Mem

Power: Antec TruePower 2.0 550W

Sound Card: Realtek HD audio (onboard)

Headset: Logitech Clear Chat PRO USB

Internet: ADSL 1500Kb/s from Verizon

Monitor: LG 19 Inch Widescreen LCD 5ms L194WT (Silver)

Mouse: Microsoft Habu

Keyboard: Microsoft Reclusa

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:55:38 AM by Taipan »

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
:O

How do you play with your monitor so far away Taipan?!

Anyway, my specs:

Manufacturer:     
HP-Pavilion
Processor:    
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ ~2.6GHz
Memory:    
2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:    
350 GB
Video Card:    
BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Monitor: