Print 

Author Topic: What is your IQ???  (Read 68821 times)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
Re: What is your IQ???
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »
As previously stated there are many different types of IQ's. However one thing they all have in common is that they take age into account. Or at least the "real" ones do... There are so many different types of IQ tests that test for different things. As for the nature vs nuture it's obviously both, as stated previously. Again why studies have shown that listening to classical music increases spatial intelligence (Supposedly the areas of the brain that pertain to musical and spatial intelligences overlap somewhat, or so many believe).

One thing that I find ironic about IQ tests is that they are supposed to be based on a bell curve system (which I really hate), 100 being exactly average and anything above being above average and anything below being below average.  The problem that this could potentially create is that those who are certified geniuses could easily differ in levels of intelligence from generation to generation or age group to age group, depending on the type of test. As our societies continue to becoming increasingly intelligent, the "average" is going to increase as well. However, we will often deem those who score very lowly on IQ tests incapable of performing well in society while IMO many of those who score low are much more capable than we deem them. Of course there are exceptions, and there always will be. v.v -end rant- xD 
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline coastergeek

• Newbie Poster
  • Live Steam RULZ!!!
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2009, 09:58:42 PM »
well I got 119.
"My mama always told me,'Stupid is as stupid does.'"--Forrest Gump
""Great scott!!"--Dr.Emmet Brown (Doc)--Back to the Future
"You shee Aushtin Powerzh and fazha....I like goooooolld. The looksh of it, the shmell of it, the tashte of it."--Goldmember--Austin Powers 3

Offline SgtTanner

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2009, 12:49:49 AM »
The TI82 should be able to do integrals.  There isn't a button for integrals, but if you press the MATH button then 9, you should get the "fnInt(" function.  This is what the equation should look like:

fnInt(1/(16*√(2*π)*e^(-(X/100)^2*2*16^2),X,0,Z)*100

π can be found by pressing "2nd" and then "^" (but if you can't find it, then just use the number 3.14),  √ is the square root function which can be found by pressing "2nd" then "x2", and e can be found by pressing "2nd" then "LN".  "Z" is your score,  so if you scored 112, then your equation would look something like this:

fnInt(1/(16*√(2*π)*e^(-(X/100)^2*2*16^2),X,0,112)*100

If you need any more help with setting this up, you can send me a Personal Message (PM for short) and we can work it out that way.

The test gave a "140+" because it's not a very accurate test.  When someone scores far away from 100, it becomes much harder to tell what the actual number is because this test isn't as accurate as other IQ tests.  So you really can't put "140+" into the calculator, but you could put "140" in there and get a number that would be very close to the actual answer.

okay so i go thru all your step but i get an error? i give up sorry that's why i hate these new technolgies and stuff so frustrating.

can u pls put my IQ integral 96 to see my new % rank from 90?

and while u are there, can u put in edison's integral IQ 112 and X's integral IQ 140+ so i can compare how well my % rank is with them?  thank u like soooooo much for helping me with stuff so i can try to do as much as i can to increase my IQ!!!!!!!

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2009, 03:38:27 AM »
I've been getting 132-140 as my scores.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline SgtTanner

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2009, 03:00:33 AM »
goalie can u help me please???????? pls pls pls

edson u said u had iq 112, then claim you have scored the perfect perfect iq score but wont say what score, then now u claim iq 132-140? im not a bright guy but its obvious you trying to lie but cant lie good. why lie about an iq score man? i have a 96 iq i dont go around saying i have iq 120 or some stuff like that.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2009, 03:11:51 AM »
SgtTanner

He is implying that he has done MANY MANY IQ tests. There are dozens out there. Edison is not lying. On one test he did get a perfect score, on others he has gotten 112, and on others again he has gotten 132-140.

I'm the same, I vary from 125-145, and on one recently I got 152.

The IQ tests on the Internet are terrible. They are NOT real IQ tests. A good IQ test tests basic cognitive skills like shape recognition and patterns, but also other things like spelling/grammar, maths, general knowledge, ability to solve problems, etc.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2009, 06:08:02 AM »
Exactly, and the score of 112 is from when I was thirteen years old, and the test didn't take into account the age of the person. It was most likely for adults, which is why I score much higher than that now. So no, I am definitely not lying. You will notice that I've posted other scores that are in the aforementioned range long before you joined the discussion.

Offline -db-Twig

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2009, 12:12:04 PM »
Did any of you ever do a real IQ test?
how much it cost if its cheap then mayyyyybe
I have no idea as I never had to pay for them...
Psychologists wanted me to do them for their research about twins, so it was free :P

Btw...I think the IQ test you find on the internet are more like EQ tests :P
Not because of the questions, but because of the outcome...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:18:32 PM by -db-Twig »

Be who you are and say what you think,
because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

Offline StarZ

• Regular Poster
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2009, 01:01:57 PM »
110! w00t! higher than i expected!!!! :neckbeard:
this
                       is
                                        my
                                                              sig
                                                                                 (:

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »
Psychologists wanted me to do them for their research about twins, so it was free

I think that's why I did a real one too :)

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »
Psychologists wanted me to do them for their research about twins, so it was free

Who won :P Are you identical twins though?

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2009, 08:17:14 PM »
okay so i go thru all your step but i get an error? i give up sorry that's why i hate these new technolgies and stuff so frustrating.

can u pls put my IQ integral 96 to see my new % rank from 90?

and while u are there, can u put in edison's integral IQ 112 and X's integral IQ 140+ so i can compare how well my % rank is with them?  thank u like soooooo much for helping me with stuff so i can try to do as much as i can to increase my IQ!!!!!!!

I just realized that I really messed up rewriting that equation...

If you have a score of 96, then your score will be above approximately 40.13% of the population.

If Edison had a score of 112, then his score is above approximately 77.34% of the population.
If Edison scored a 140, then his score is above approximately 99.38% of the population.

The farther you get away from 100, the closer to 100% (if above 100) or 0% (if below 100) you are.

Also, remember that I said if you take IQ tests continuously, you'll eventually find a certain score (called the average) that all the scores seem to be around.  This average score will be closer to a person's actual IQ than one single test's score.  So you may get a 100 one day, you may get 200 another day, and 150 the next day.  The average would be around 150, but without further testing, we won't know a person's actual IQ, but we can get a general idea of where it is at.  The more tests (or trials as it is called in probability) you take, the closer you will get to the exact answer.  Taking 100 tests will get you a more exact answer than just 1 test.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »

No we're not, and I don't know Exodus' result. I just know that I scored 142.

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL

Offline Titanium»X«

• Junior Poster
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »

I thought most identical twins sound almost the same on Vent?  It's like a dead giveaway lol.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »
Identical twins don't necessarily sound the same.

Also, the SAT and ACT are supposed to be essentially an IQ test (although entirely different), and if we are to go by my scores in that (without studying; I think studying for them is lame), I'm roughly in the top 2% or 1%. Of course, a huge problem with them is the fact that people study a bunch and pay for that, of course, and the essay portion is a terrible measure of how well one writes, but meh.

Print