Print 

Author Topic: Funniest thing to happen to you in a video game?  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
Funniest thing to happen to you in a video game?
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:27:37 PM »
For all of us long time, and even short time game players, we all have stories of rediculous, funny, or odd things that have happened to us when playing single player or multiplayer games.

I'll start off with one that happened to me in Halo 2. Was playing on Uprising as the Arbiter, and gone through a rather combat heavy section. I was down to the last 30% charge on my last remain weapon, a plasma pistol, when I came across a group of allies; specifically Elites and some grunts. Well, one of the grunts had a Fuel rod gun that he was hefting about, and since I had no intention about being out gunned by an ankle bitting grunt I swapped my dinky plasma pistol for his FRG. He looks at the pistol for a second, looks back up at me, then gets down on all fours and throws a temper tantrum! Cheeky little twerp.

And the worst part is, later on he shoots me in the back with that popgun plasma pistol... and kills me. I made sure to whack him one when I reloaded the checkpoint.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:08:46 PM by BFM_Gryphon »

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
Re: Funniest thing to happen to you in a video game?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »
So it's not really "in" a video game, but it's close.

So we're playing our NES, right?  Playing Megaman 3 with my sister and her friends.  All of a sudden, the game goes haywire and freezes.  And then it starts flashing random pixels on the screen and giving random sounds.  The girls ran out of the room because they thought it was possessed.  I was scared too, but I was laughing out loud cause it was so funny and random.  I finally mustered enough strength to press the power button and end my old pal's misery.

Same thing happened while playing Pokemon Yellow on my GB Pocket.  Just freezes up and gets possessed.

I could put down all the times I've laughed while playing Super Smash Bros. Melee, but there'd be too many to list.

Oh, and I love the people's reactions on Runescape when they find out I'm a guy.
Some person tries to hit on me, and I say "I'm a guy."
":O", ">.<", and sometimes "She's a He!"
My own clan leader didn't believe me for a sec.  I guess I should become an undercover cop someday.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:48:13 PM »

Oh, and I love the people's reactions on Runescape when they find out I'm a guy.
Some person tries to hit on me, and I say "I'm a guy."
":O", ">.<", and sometimes "She's a He!"
My own clan leader didn't believe me for a sec.  I guess I should become an undercover cop someday.

:o  >.< Your a guy?!?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline Snake 3-1-3

• Senior Poster
  • Snake 3-1-3
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »
yeah it hapened in halo 3.

my friends and me were playing in guardian and the all get together in the center, i launched the bengal and we were all blind

all of us (maybe 10 or 11)  launched nades to everywhere!!!

i stay frozen right in the center and when the blinding light ceases   

i was the only one alive!!!!!!!   what a luck!!! :evil:

Offline Ápollo

• Junior Poster
  • I used to be Ápollo
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »
I was playing halo 1 with my friend on Death Island with no one else.  I was getting a bit bored so i stuck a plasma on his back when I was on his team.  Because betray was off it didn't hurt him but instead he somehow got stuck in the ground so that only his shoulders and head was visible. 

I sadly don't have a screenshot of this though :sad:

Thanks BFM_Spidey for this Great Sig !!!

Offline Maverics

• Newbie Poster
  • RACQ Hog Insurance, there whenever you need
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »
i bet that made u giggle inside!!!
AHHHH
UR SOOOO ANNOYING

How u doin

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »
In the game Soul Calibur 2, there's this character called Yoshimitsu. He has this move where he gets on his sword and uses it like a pogo stick.

So I'm going againts him, and he gets on, and starts jumping backwards away from me....and keeps going...going...going...GONE, he bounces right off the stage and I won. The best part was, it was on the hardest setting too, I didn't know what happened, I just like to think he was scared of me :P  :toughguy:

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 01:36:28 AM »
Halo 3 glitch... masterchief's arms grow in size 'till they are the size of the map Last Resort. they grow so big they pop and you respawn with no arms or torso. when you pick weapons up you see them floating infront of you. my cuz modded halo 3 and go banned from xbox live for 3 months.HAHA LOzL :siderofl:

funny to watch. sry no footage. i looked hepz on youtube

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »

Playing Descent 2, with 3D glasses on that make the screen really look 3D!  (Not tho, cuzza still can't move head to look around corners, like true 3D systems.... Anyway...) Now Descent (2) is bad enough on the human motion system, what with darting around at high speeds inside of caves all the time!

So, when combined with my physical bobbing an weaving that I do in my chair while I'm playing Descent (and some others, I might add  :embarrassed: ), ...

... I fell out of my chair, smack onto my office floor!

:embarrassed:  :-\

Oh yeah, the mining robot killed me, too....  :-X

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 01:42:33 AM »

Playing Descent 2, with 3D glasses on that make the screen really look 3D!  (Not tho, cuzza still can't move head to look around corners, like true 3D systems.... Anyway...) Now Descent (2) is bad enough on the human motion system, what with darting around at high speeds inside of caves all the time!

So, when combined with my physical bobbing an weaving that I do in my chair while I'm playing Descent (and some others, I might add  :embarrassed: ), ...

I'd believe it! :siderofl:

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Ápollo

• Junior Poster
  • I used to be Ápollo
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 02:05:40 AM »

I'd believe it! :siderofl:

lol   :siderofl:

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »
Funniest thing for me happened on Co-op in Gears of War.  So me and my friend are just standing there over an emergence hole, which is an infinite enemy maker thing.  We're just sitting here waiting for these little goblin things to climb up so we can punch them in the face and they fall right back down :XD:  well, we're sitting there waiting on opposite sides of the hole, and I notice movement to the left of my friend over there.  I'm just like okay, it's just some other AI guy in our squad joining us.  Then I realize, wait a minute, Me and him are the only guys here!!  so I look up and see that, standing right next to my friend and looking down into the emergence hole with us, is an enemy!  He wasn't shooting or anything!  just standing there, joining us in our little party beside the hole!  It took me a whole second to take this in, by which time my friend turns around, screams and starts randomly spraying bullets at the enemy.  This was especially funny because that's just totally unlike the AI in Gears of war to just walk up to us and stare.  We laughed about that for a LONG time afterwards.
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »
Happened in Halo. I was in a modded server, in bloodgulch, were you could get on the cliffs, and the snipers shot tank rounds. I was doing great, and was camping by the tunnel neat the cave that holds the flamethrower, killing all the dudes trying to use the teleporter. After my 3rd running riot, a guy named apprentice said:

Apprentice: Crud

Me: Yes?

Apprentice: Turn around....

I realized he had snuck through the tunnel and was behind me. Sure enough, when I checked my radar, he was right there. I waited a few seconds, then did a quick turn and shoot. He wasn't expecting this. He had his sniper pointed in my back, and had wanted to be "cool" and paid the price...  ;D The shot passed cleanly through his head, and since it was at close range, I died too. When I respawned, i could stiill see out bodies flying....

Offline Ápollo

• Junior Poster
  • I used to be Ápollo
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 01:05:35 AM »
Happened in Halo. I was in a modded server, in bloodgulch, were you could get on the cliffs, and the snipers shot tank rounds.

I love those servers !!  :neckbeard:

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 02:28:11 AM »
I think the funniest bit about Mxy's story was he got killed in-game.

BAHAHA Just joshin'.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Print