Print 

Author Topic: Out with the old in with the new....  (Read 909 times)

Offline AR~Týþhooñ

• Junior Poster
  • My other ride is a HOG. Now were are the Rockets?
Out with the old in with the new....
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
Hey BFM guys and gals

I have noticed that there is a load of old posts (2 months or more) that have not been deleted or moved. There are quite a few that say they have been moved so here's the question. Will the old and the moved posts be deleted to make a bit of room for the newer and still active posts?

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Out with the old in with the new....
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »
I am not sure I understand what you mean?  There is no need to "make room" for new posts.  New posts always go on top as the old one just keep moving to the back of the list.  The messages you see saying that a post has been moved just mean that it has been moved to a section where the subject was more appropriate.  For example, somone posts a video in the announcements section, we may move that to the mulitmedia section.  We don't delete old posts unless they contain objectionable material but that does not stop us from continuing to create new posts.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline AR~Týþhooñ

• Junior Poster
  • My other ride is a HOG. Now were are the Rockets?
Re: Out with the old in with the new....
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »
Yes i know about that Booyah what I mean is the moved says "This topic has been moved to Moved Threads" and there are a lot of old post that just don't get reused. I think it would make the forum look a bit cleaner this is my thought to see if it was possible. As some people would say give a helping hand or thought

Print