Print 

Author Topic: Secret places  (Read 9011 times)

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
Secret places
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »
Just wondering if you guys know any secret places in any of the maps, I know the secret room in yoyo and were the banshee and takes are in Luigi Raceway but do you guys know any other secret places?

P.S. This is my 100 post!!  :yesyes:

Applied for Recruitment - October 24, 2008

Vent Access - January 23, 2009
Little Tags - March 28, 2009
Big Tags - April 25, 2009
Left BFM - April 12, 2010

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
Re: Secret places
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »
Oh you missed the best one yet!

On paintforestv1, go to the lake in the middle.  On the right side of the lake against the cliff is a green light ... walk into it as if the wall's not there.  You'll warp to the top of the cliffs, stop moving or you may fall off the top!  Look around, you'll  be on the tip of a tree.  Find the branches and walk down to the  ground.  There may be a hog there, which makes things faster.  Move along the cliffs to the LEFT until you get to the waterfall and the stream across the path.

NOTE: It is a LONG way.  Don't doubt yourself and give up!

Once in the stream, you should find a hidden room.  Take the halls through the first set of doors, and then you'll see a room with  a sloping ramp and anotherset of doors.  Walk to the top edge of th ramp (not near the door and turn around so your back is to thebottom of the ramp.  Back up until ... well ... you will know when, then turn around.

PLEASE don't post anything here ruining the surprise, so no details about what you see! :P

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »

On paintforestv1, go to the lake in the middle.  On the right side of the lake against the cliff is a green light ... walk into it as if the wall's not there.  You'll warp to the top of the cliffs, stop moving or you may fall off the top!  Look around, you'll  be on the tip of a tree.  Find the branches and walk down to the  ground.  There may be a hog there, which makes things faster.  Move along the cliffs to the LEFT until you get to the waterfall and the stream across the path.

Once in the stream, you should find a hidden room.  Take the halls through the first set of doors, and then you'll see a room with  a sloping ramp and anotherset of doors.  Walk to the top edge of th ramp (not near the door and turn around so your back is to thebottom of the ramp.  Back up until ... well ... you will know when, then turn around.

PLEASE don't post anything here ruining the surprise, so no details about what you see! :P

You don't know how much fun me and basanio had with that during an oddball game  :P

Won't give any hints though  :winkgrin:

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »

Wow.

There are SOOOO MANY! (Even on the normal Halo maps....)

On top of maps (pretty-much every one), and I don't even mean the "out-of-bounds" map tops, either!  (On top of Gephy, for instance....)

Then there are the "lofts" inside the bases on Death Island (that you can get to if you can manage to get a 'Shee in there!  :o )

Set yourself up a "stunts" server some time - 400% with TK off... - and you can rapid-switch-nade+RL yourself off the hood of a hog onto ALL KINDS of places! (Like up that huge whole inside the middle tunnels on Sidewinder!  That's SO "on top of the map" that there are NO WALLS OR FLOORS VISIBLE!  :zoot: )

The CE spots are too numerous to post, I think!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »
The only trick in CE I know (and it's not even a room) is how to get the gravity gun and the paint can in h2_Zanzibar. :D I shall NEVER devulge the secret, you must figure it out.. all I'll tell you is that they are there. ;D

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »

Then there are the "lofts" inside the bases on Death Island (that you can get to if you can manage to get a 'Shee in there!  :o )

You don't necessarily need shees for that  :winkgrin:

Set yourself up a "stunts" server some time - 400% with TK off... - and you can rapid-switch-nade+RL yourself off the hood of a hog onto ALL KINDS of places! (Like up that huge whole inside the middle tunnels on Sidewinder!  That's SO "on top of the map" that there are NO WALLS OR FLOORS VISIBLE!  :zoot: )

The technical term is "PFR" (Plasma, Frag, Rocket) and you can make different variations of it depending on what you need accomplished.  ;D

Thank you Tanger!

Cheers, Marty!

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »
wow there are a lot more secret places then i thought... it sucks that i can't play Halo in the week but i'm finding them all on the weekend even the gravity gun Bowser!!!!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »
good luck.. you'll need it!  :winkgrin:

Offline Snake 3-1-3

• Senior Poster
  • Snake 3-1-3
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 08:36:24 PM »

lol is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BFM_Nemesis

• BFM Admin
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 12:39:32 AM »
Chiron TL34 (a.k.a awesome tele level :P) has a cool place if you know where to go... Just need a nade a RL and the rest ill let you find out ;) Its not really a secret *room* but more of a hidden area.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »

There is a group of rooms at the very tippy-top of Yoyorast Island*, too....

(Another "invisible portal" one that you have to jump up at juuust the right place to enter....)

* At least I think it's Yoyorast!  I know it was waaay up at the peak of a map with a huge mountain....  ::) It's been soooo long now!  ::)
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »

There is a group of rooms at the very tippy-top of Yoyorast Island*, too....

(Another "invisible portal" one that you have to jump up at juuust the right place to enter....)

* At least I think it's Yoyorast!  I know it was waaay up at the peak of a map with a huge mountain....  ::) It's been soooo long now!  ::)

You are correct Mxy it is yoyorast

You'd be surprised how many different places you can go in just the regular halo levels.

Thank you Tanger!

Cheers, Marty!

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 05:13:11 PM »
FOUND IT BOWSER!!!! thats awsome... i found the paint and gravity gun!!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
Did you by chance find your answer on the internet? Or did you find it yourself.  :winkgrin: (I'm not accusing you, lol, I'm just curious, cuz I know for a fact there are a TON of vids out there about it.. how do u think i learned? :XD:)

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 10:07:06 AM »
I found it be myself  :) it took one hour though... lol

Print