Print 

Author Topic: Jax's Z32 D:  (Read 32618 times)

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
Jax's Z32 D:
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:38:55 AM »

Ok the good news, the car is in decent shape, interior is immaculate and the engine is NOT siezed.

Bad news, it has some kind of wiring problem... I traded the 06 battery for the new one out of my Z and it drained it flat in under 10 mins.

I went through the receipts in the glove box(going back to 06) and it appears that they security system malfunctioned and instead of repairing it, the people bypassed it. Ya, sure enough I found where the security wires were cut and the entire fuse/relay had been bypassed. Quite honestly just from looking at that alone, it tells me that someone messed some wiring up.

Next tidbit, engine is JDM transplant, not USDM, meaning the engine does in fact have 94k miles on it and the chassis around 146k.
Included in the glovebox was the original bill of sale where the owner I bought it off from, bought it from someone else for the sum of 4100 dollars.

Car appears to have upgraded KYB shocks in the front, CAI intake and hardpipes and other than the 350z rims I could spot no other mods.

I will be having a local Z mechanic come out to the house this week to give it a look over and figure out what the heck is going on.
I put my battery in, put the window down(cause I figured power would work fine?) and then it killed my battery, couldnt get the window back up and had to tape it up before I left. Battery is on charger overnight.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:07:51 AM by ­­bfm_Jä× »

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Got my new Z D:
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 05:06:00 AM »
What's a Z? I feel like I should drive it down Sesame Street... :P

Whatever it is, it looks pretty good!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »
Well, it's cooler than my '98 Mazda 323 Astina...:o

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Nassor

• Junior Poster
  • Two steps forward, one step back
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:19:35 AM »
looks nice, they are kl cars
~Nassor~

~Got it covered~

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »
What's a Z? I feel like I should drive it down Sesame Street... :P

Whatever it is, it looks pretty good!

lol Jane, a Z is the slang for a 300zx or any car in the Fairlady family(240, 260, 280, Z31, Z32, 350, 370)

Moar!

Gave her a bath today and performed an oil change ^_^

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline Racr

• Regular Poster
  • I iz smart.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
If your battery gets killed THAT fast, it sounds like there's a HARD-CORE short in your wiring somewhere. If I could, I'd look it over for ya. :)

Thanks to Manticore for that!

Thank you BFM_Arya for those!!

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »
Not sure what it was, didnt do it today. Though when I turned the key I got a "cluuuuung" from the flywheel...which tells me something is locked up D:

Moar work to do this weekend ^_^

Offline BFM_Xplod£

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
Seems that this car has more little kinks than you would think :P By the sound of it though shouldn't be anything major.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »
Love the number plate on the white car ::)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 06:37:13 PM »
That sound of the flywheel could be a few.... things.

Scenario #1

Engine overheated and the head gaskets blew, allowing fluid to leak into the internals and seize the engine. In which case the engine is a lost cause.

Scenario #2

Engine overheated and the rods/cams warped or broke causing the engine to seize. This could be repaired, but it would cost quite a bit to do so.

Ultimately if the engine can not be saved, I have a tranny and engine ready to be swapped from the white 92.

Now, since some people on vent said they would like to follow my wip D:

Here is what I have now for that car.

Light weight pulley kit by AMS, stock pulleys weigh near 16lbs on their own, these way a mere 2.5lbs total.

This is most of the brake kit I was talking about on vent, not shown are the front rotors since they are a week behind.
Included in the above are; Brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors, zinc coated; AMS Carbon Ceramic brake pads, front and rear; Stainless Steel brake lines, nylon coated; Speed bleeders for the lines; Brake booster brace; Super Blue Racing fluid.
Also shown are 3 new underdrive pulley belts and a fuel filter.

Detail of rotor

Subframe Collars, these take up the slack in the subframe caused when the OEM bushings start to degrade and disintegrate. This can greatly reduce wheel hop and stiffen the suspension.

Xenon Vision 8k HID kit.

OEM vs Xenon

Normal halogen bulbs simply do not compare in light output.

Now items on way.
Powertrix 7/5kg Coilovers
Powertrix Full adjustable suspension system(camber arms, tension rods, control arms, everything)
Powertrix Rear Strut Towerbar
Z1 Motorsports NA Stainless Headers
Z1 Motorsports Silicone Hoses system(all IAA and PVC lines)
Labree Motorsports Custom Exhaust system(made to order per buyer)

Links for all this...
http://z1motorsports.com/index.php
http://www.powertrix.com/
http://labreemotorsports.com/
http://www.300zxclub.com/store/index.php?

Ill keep this updated since asked, I have this thread on a few other forums so it's mostly copy/paste.

Oh and that tag is registered to me so no stealing D: It will be getting transfered to the blue one here shortly. I am told that tags are across all states, so I am the only one with that plate ^_^

Before anyone asks lol

Car costed 2500, the parts I'm buying sum up to about 5000 and the swap is another 1000.

Edit: Headers are in.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:12:39 PM by bfm_T£ku »

Offline Slow Bullet

• Junior Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 11:42:40 PM »
nice car. you should put a V8 in it!

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 11:54:05 PM »
rofl, it's staying a VG30DE thanks. Already had people try to get me to put a small block chevy in it and I'm like... If I put any engine other than the Fairlady engine, it would be the RB26, not a chevy.

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »

Anyway, new shaft came in.

Stainless 1 Piece shaft, weight is around 18-20lbs compared to stock 2 piece and 30lbs+

Shown:
Brembo 12" Slotted/Crossdrilled Rotors
AMS Carbon Ceramic Pads
Stainless brakelines
ATE Super Blue Racing Fluid
Speedbleeders
AMS Lightweight Pulley Set
Z1 Motorsports Silicone IAA & PVC hose system + heater core and water pump hoses
Z1 Motorsports NA SS Headers
Z1 Motorsports 1 Piece SS Driveshaft
Nismo Trans Mount
Nissan belts
Nissan fuel filter

More still coming lol...

Offline Muzak

• Regular Poster
  • The Rythym is gonna Get You
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 02:22:31 PM »
Looks like a fun drive.  But don't forget to respect your elders, remember the mighty 180!!

... a Z is the slang for a 300zx or any car in the Fairlady family(240, 260, 280, Z31, Z32, 350, 370)

Or as car talk would put it, the 18 oz.

I remember my old Toyota had a nasty short in it that kept burning out the fuse for my running lights.  Looked and looked through the wiring harnesses lights and everything but couldn't find anything.  Finally discovered it was a bare wire shorting against, you'll love this, the metal rod on the sun visor.  It was the silly vanity/make-up light that was burning up fuses.   :doh: 
Listen to the Muzak

Offline IamaCamper

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »
That short is a pretty nasty one.  If you are not getting a hint of smoke I would test out the starter.  A dragging starter can drain a battery that fast. 

Print