Print 

Author Topic: Gaming PC Build  (Read 729 times)

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
Gaming PC Build
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:34:43 AM »
Welp one of the things I do on the side occasionally to bring in money is build PCs for people, just had someone pay me to build one and figured I'd post it up.

Original Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 Quad 2.55ghz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX260 1795meg GDDR3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7500rpm 32meg Seta 3g/s
PSU: Antec Truepower 650watt
MB: GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD4P LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX
CS: Thermaltake M9 VI1000BWS Black SECC Steel
Aud: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
DVD: PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CDRW +/- Lightscribe

Pics:

3D Marks

However shortly after being shipped to the customer UPS destroyed it en route. I did get the PC back and was able to salvage some of it, but other components were damaged or destroyed. Apparently a sorting arm at the UPS hub punctured the box and went through the plexiglass side panel destroying the insides.

New Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 Quad 2.55ghz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX275 1795meg GDDR3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7500rpm 32meg Seta 3g/s
PSU: Antec Truepower 650watt
MB: GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3
CS: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
Aud: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
DVD: PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CDRW +/- Lightscribe
Items in bold were damaged and replaced or upgraded.

New components came in today, Case, Motherboard, Graphics Card, Heatsink and Audio Card.

CPU and RAM seated.

PSU mounted... This was a pain, the way this is made it has a chassis brace that runs along the length and it blocked me from just dropping it in, and I couldnt slide it in from the front either because of the top mount USB hub. I had to remove the hub, slide the PSU in and reinstall the hub.

Heatsink mounted, thing is massive and I like the construction a lot.

Everything installed minus the Audio bay card and DVD drive. Look in the picture and notice how little room there is for everything lol... I thought at first the GPU wouldnt even fit, had to take some maneuvering to get it to fit. DVD drive is also going to be a pain to mount as well...

Side panel back on.

The new build is a slight upgrade in case and graphics card, went from a Nvidia 260 to a 275, and the case went from a multi metal case to solid aluminum. The original build costed 1246.00 dollars and the parts to repair it costed 796. Luckily the insurance paid out on the PC since it was proven that UPS was at fault for damaging it.

Now however my snag is that the front panel has a three stage lock that keeps the front panel from opening or coming off, and the case did not come with the key for it... I ended up picking the lock to get the panel open, but I cant seem to hit the tumblers to the open position. Already contacted thermaltake and waiting on a reply.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Gaming PC Build
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:27:42 AM »

I think it's the wheel alignment. Wait, this isn't the Z!

Looks pretty, and the specs are impressive-looking as well. You are an artiste!

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:43:45 AM »
Nicely done. I would of gone for maybe Windows 7 just for DX10 (though not really much difference)

I used to build PC's as a side job as well. Until I got a job, however I still do the occasional motherboard or power supply type repair.

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »
Difference is I have a copy of XP Pro SP3 on hand, while I have yet to even try W7.

lol Jane

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Print