Print 

Author Topic: Yet another problem  (Read 1018 times)

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
Yet another problem
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »
Hi, I use two computers to surf the web, the older of the two often has trouble loading pages, when I try this happens this doesn't happen at all on the newer computer so I know it's not my ISP, sometimes I can't play even halo there is that much trouble. Any ideas?

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
Re: Yet another problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »
Looks like it timed out trying to load the page.

You would either have to upgrade your connection to the computer, or upgrade the computer itself.  If its an older computer you may have to get a completely new computer, since many of the older parts are incompatible with newer ones.

I'd wait for a recommendation from others though.  Buying a new computer is serious.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Duck

• Regular Poster
  • Quack
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:23:57 AM »
press refresh?? That's what I do ;D
Thanks Rypto!
Thanks to Bîgmäñ!

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 04:16:06 AM »
If it's an older computer, it may be cluttered.  how long has it been since anyone last did a really good, thourough, deep virus/spyware scan?

You may benefit from running a defragment program too. (not the one bundled with Windows though.. that one fails.) Try Piriform's Defraggler.
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 08:12:45 PM »
Thank you all for your suggestions, oddly enough it seems to be working fine (for now) even though I haven't used these programs. Come to think of it, I have been deleting a lot of old games and things that I don't use anymore... maybe that's it.

Print