Print 

Author Topic: name exception  (Read 1430 times)

Offline -db-DeafBoy

• Newbie Poster
  • Anime Addiction
name exception
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
Can someone make my name (-db-DeafBoy) exception in BFM servers, because there have tag with me, so I could represention -db-

U can check db roster for verity (Link removed.  We understand the intention but we do not allow links to other clans websites on the forums, sorry. ~BFM_Wic~)

If you have any questions or do debate style, pls do post here

cheers
db
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:24:55 PM by BFM_Wic »

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: name exception
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
Unfortunately, we cannot make your name an exception.

Our policy on names is that we ask players to not use names that involve someone having a handicap or other type of related situations.  It is not that we find it offensive.  It is that we don't want those that DO have those handicaps - to be offended by someone using a name like that.

It would be the exact same situation if there was someone using the name "blindman", "paraplegic", or anything like that.  None of those names are appropriate for our servers, not because we are offended by them, but because, out of respect for those that do have disabilities, they should feel welcome here too.

We understand this may be a disability of yours.  However, not all folks are as comfortable with using that kind of name as you may be.  For that reason, and out of respect for those players, we don't allow these types of names.  Because of those mixed types of feelings, the very simple solution is to just use another name.

Remember, we are a racing server that fosters a family environment.  These decisions are made out of respect for those with the disabilities - or players that know someone with one.  We have found that through experience, when a name like this is used - it only leads to hurt feelings and conversations that aren't appropriate.

Again, it is not because we are prejudiced against someone with a disability - which you so rudely accused us of being while you were in that server.  It would have been appreciated if you came and asked about it first, instead of making very harsh comments about BFM without understanding our thought process first.

You are more than welcome to wear your db tags with a different variation on your name.  It is not the db tags which we are asking you to change.  Something along the lines of -db- DBoy would be a perfectly acceptable name.  

However, because these are our servers, we have to make a judgment call for ALL of our guests.  We are trying to be fair for everyone.  

This isn't something that is open for a debate, but has been our policy ever since BFM was formed.  We do understand your side of the situation, but we also please ask that you look at it from a different perspective as well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:37:54 PM by BFM_NavyJHk »
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: name exception
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »
db Deafboy,  db has been around a long time and is a respectable halo clan. It really sickens me for you to come to our forums and use a link to cartoon adult sites. I Find it very sickening and find it very offensive that you would do this on our servers. You have been now banned on all servers and banned from the forums. I did follow your link into the cartoon world and found very nasty disgusting things just by clicking on your link. You should know better. You are not welcome here and never will be. I just hope and pray no young ones clicked on that link and saw the disgusting things that were there. Truly SICK!

Please understand this isnt up for debate and is now done.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:51:49 PM by BFM_Elvis »

Print