Print 

Author Topic: The Rig I am Thinking About Getting.  (Read 12935 times)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Re: The Rig I am Thinking About Getting.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 07:35:57 PM »
USB 3.0 is the the newest serial bus that's becoming quite popular as it allows for quicker transfer speeds, it's best to have a motherboard with 2.0 and 3.0 ports though.

OK. So my Motherboards a good one?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »
PS to Panther- Save a few bucks where you can on the computer and have some money leftover to buy thing$ to use on it.

If you are going to do this make sure they are downgrades IMO.  Ex.  Don't buy a PSU for 30$ and the same wattage as another one that is 50$, because then you are buying lower quality stuff that could break sooner.  I had to get a new PSU recently because I ordered a pretty cheap one thinking it was no big deal.  As it turns out, the cables on it were like three inches short of the ports on my mobo even though they were both clearly stated ATX form factor.  So I decided to go with a Corsair for 30$ more and couldn't have been happier with the switch.

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »
And Panther...as stated multiple times before by everyone..you don't need 12 gigs of RAM! 8 will suffice, and you might never even max your 8, and it's a bit of a wiser choice in some rigs to go with ATI/AMD video Cards...

Btw:Lucky...I wanna see those pictures of your rig already!  ;D

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
I have to replace the mobo QQ it was dead.  But after that I will ;D

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 01:06:00 AM »
And Panther...as stated multiple times before by everyone..you don't need 12 gigs of RAM! 8 will suffice, and you might never even max your 8, and it's a bit of a wiser choice in some rigs to go with ATI/AMD video Cards...

Btw:Lucky...I wanna see those pictures of your rig already!  ;D

I know, I know, I am going to get 8, just can't be bothered to change the post... I will though :)

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »
What could I use 12 Gigs of ram for.... ram wrestling the whole pentagon? :dance:

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
What could I use 12 Gigs of ram for.... ram wrestling the whole pentagon? :dance:

I guess you could play Starcraft II on max settings while downloading a movie from Netflix, installing Portal 2, watching Youtube, spamming the Enter key while all icons on your desktop are highlighted, and chatting on MSN!  ;D

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 01:26:56 PM »

I guess you could play Starcraft II on max settings while downloading a movie from Netflix, installing Portal 2, watching Youtube, spamming the Enter key while all icons on your desktop are highlighted, and chatting on MSN!  ;D

And don't forget about playing 2 other games at the same time on different monitors! :clint:

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »

And don't forget about playing 2 other games at the same time on different monitors! :clint:

I do that :P

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
Rig Updated. (See main post).

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
Still with the velociraptors?  :interesting:

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »
Still with the velociraptors?  :interesting:

Oh yeah... So, what was wrong with them? And what is a good SDD HD?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43:16 AM »
For that kind of money, you could (at least here in NZ) get a decent 120-160GB SSD and one or two F3 drives; and even the F3s wouldn't be much different performance wise (but at a fraction of the cost.)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:59 AM »
For that kind of money, you could (at least here in NZ) get a decent 120-160GB SSD and one or two F3 drives; and even the F3s wouldn't be much different performance wise (but at a fraction of the cost.)

But SDD drives are like HEAPS expensive?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 12:08:15 AM »

But SDD drives are like HEAPS expensive?

Read an article a couple of days ago, with the headline something like "SSD cost to be $1/GB in 2012."

In short, SSD production is starting to ramp up very quickly and cheaper materials and methods are coming off the "drawing boards" and into production.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy an SSD for a while....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print