Print 

Author Topic: The Rig I am Thinking About Getting.  (Read 12937 times)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Re: The Rig I am Thinking About Getting.
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 01:39:55 AM »
LOL. I thought you said it didn't matter, and that it is best to get the one step down generation :P

Ya, but we'll be using hovercars by the time this gets built!

:siderofl:

LOL!!!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 04:05:02 AM »
OK, me and my dad are going to build it these holidays. (Which are in a week for me). So we are gonna order in the next couple of days. Anything to change? I'm also not to sure with that moniter. I don't really like it. Anyone got any good HD suggestions?

~Corp. Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
I don't plan to go into the specific parameter comparisons in this post, however I have a Viewsonic monitor and I find it is great to use and have had no problems with dead pixels. I think it is a 3 year warranty on the monitors. A cheap 21.5' from Viewsonic would also allow you to play in 1920 x 1080 resolution, which that monitor does not support. Given the quality of your graphics card I would definitely be looking at at monitor that can support this resolution (ok so I picked on one parameter :P ). Others may have a different view, however all the monitors my family has purchased in the past 7 years have been viewsonics and have worked without a problem (which is around 6 of maybe 3 different models).

Computer Parts Land (CPL) have the VA2238wm-LED for $140.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »
Thanks a lot Exodus! I'll look into it!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2011, 02:54:49 AM »
Edited the main post to add

Windows 7 Ultimate

Alienware TactX Keyboard and Mouse

New Monitor

Blueray CD/DVD Drive

Cooler Master Full Tower Case

Super Clocked Graphics card, not a normal one

thats it.

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:35 AM »
Woot! :woot: Me and my dad are going to the ARC computer shop tomorrow :D Yay!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »
dude thats some beast stuff niiiiiiice (my jealousy burnnnsss lol)

BFM_Enoch: "Joel the Jaguar the juggles jets"

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 03:27:43 PM »
Lol, thanks Joel!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
Broseph, hows le build coming along? Need to post pictures of this beast of a machine(Lucky....you still haven't done so either....and it's been FREVER, yes, frever, since you said you would.

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »
Broseph, hows le build coming along? Need to post pictures of this beast of a machine(Lucky....you still haven't done so either....and it's been FREVER, yes, frever, since you said you would.

We went to ARC yesterday to ask the guy there about our build, so soon we are going to go back, buy the parts, and build it! I will post some pictures once I am done.

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
Well yesterday I got the parts and put them all in the case. The only problem was, I had absolutely no idea where to put all of the cables and wires and stuff, so I got my friend to help me :) There is like no cable management but whatever. IT WORKS :D :D :D Now my friends dad is bringing over a Windows 7 Ultimate disk, because he gets a lot of free stuff from Dell.

I will put some pictures up now of my terrible cable management.

Final Rig Rundown:

CPU: Core i5 2500K

RAM: 8 GB Vengeance Corsair

Hard Drive: Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Black

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte 6870 Radeon Super Over Clock Edition

Power Supply: Cooler Master GX  650W

Case: Cooler Master HAF X 942 Full Tower

Thanks for all of your input guys,

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »

IT LIVES*!!!

Gratz & have fun!!

* And we didn't have to wait for hovercars to be here!  ;D

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print